• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

I am fed up with Anthony Castrillo. Yes, I know his alleged story. Don't care about it at all. Either he is an honest man, or he is not.

He is not.

I am posting this so that anyone, anywhere, who uses a search engine to find out about him, will see this. Perhaps a perspective employer, or whatever other reason someone may have to check into his character. I will do this on as many internet places that I can.

I do not care if the commissioned artwork shows up tomorrow, or if I get a refund the day after tomorrow. The money, the artwork, and Anthony Castrillo, can all go to hell together. $240 did not, and is not, going to change my life even a little bit. But the principal is important. Being lied to and cheated by a "professional" in this hobby, stinks.

I do not care if his dog died. Or if his cat ran away. Or if he totaled his car. He has cheated me out of $240.00, and has lied to me. The business transaction between him and I, have nothing to do with his personal problems.

We here, all know how he stiffed so many of us out of our money for commissioned artwork. Speedy-D from this site, worked with Castrillo and led him by the hand like a baby, until many were made whole and got something for their money.

But there are some that got nothing. Nothing except lies and excuses.

I first commissioned this artwork over two years ago. My last PM to Castrillo was on May 31st of this year. It is listed as "unread by Anthony Castrillo".

I paid for this commission, upfront and even paid using the PayPal "personal method", out of the goodness of my heart. That was a mistake and I caution others to not be so kind in their transactions. I have done that to members of this forum many times, and the only one to ever "stiff" me, is Anthony Castrillo. But I will not do it ever again. Sorry.

Here are the highlights of my PM's with him, over the past two years. There have been more, but of not much consequence. Just pictures of what I was asking of him for the commission.

I have not pestered or bugged Castrillo about this commissioned artwork. I have been very patient. If he wants to blame it on CGC, then he needs to deal with CGC. Not me. I paid him He did not pay me.

Is there anyone else here, who is still holding out "hope" that he will come through for them? If so, my advice to you is: Don't hold your breath.

PM exchanges between Castrillo and I, over the last two years.

Sent from me to Castrillo, 5-02-11.

"I was unsure as to when I was supposed to pay. Before, during or after the request was done. So I went ahead and sent you $240 via PayPal today. I used the "personal" method of payment, so that no fees would be deducted.

Let me know how the art piece is coming along, now and then. No hurry. Please do it as a CGC Signature Series if possible.

Thanks very much."

Sent from me, 9-27-11.

"Don't forget me. \:\) "

Received from Castrillo same day, 9-27-11.

"I havent.:) "

From me to Castrillo on, 3-20-13.

"Did you ever get this done and submitted to CGC?"

From Castrillo to me, on 3-20-13.

"Yes and im sorry i didnt get a chance to scan it.cgc has the book fast tracked so youll get it before months end,sorry it can be faster."

From me to Castrillo on the same day, 3-20-13.

"Great news. Thanks. It is a present for the other guy in the pic. My best friend."

From me to Castrillo, 5-31-13.

"Still waiting. Months end was quite a bit ago."

Go to hell, Anthony Castrillo.

For two years I have waited for a "present" that was slated to be given to my best friend. It should have been done within six months of you being paid for it. I originally told you that it was slated to be a Christmas present in December of 2011. Then again for December of 2012. You said, "no problem" to both.

Edited by conditionfreak

Anthony is currently accepting a limited amount of commission requests.

Below you will find samples and the corresponding prices. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the

completion of your request.

I paid Anthony for a commission towards the end of last year. Then I started to see a lot of posts of people who have been waiting years and we agreed to cancel it so he could focus on getting older ones done. It took awhile of back and forth emails but he refunded the full amount about a month ago.

I'm happy I got my money back.

I have been waiting almost 3 years, got some of them but one is still outstanding. I've been patient and would still like to see him finish what he has started but a definite timeline I'm sure would be appreciated by everyone. It pains me to see it come to this as he is a talent but he has left many people in the lurch which just isn't right.

Wow. WTF is wrong with people? Pick yourself up by your big boys and take care of your business. Xmas 2011 is exactly what it means. Even if you confused it with New Xmen 211 you'd still have no excuse.

You should delete any reference you made to his family (wife/sister) regardless of how mad you are. Obviously there are issues in completing deals but once you included those bits of information I really could give a mess about your $240 dollar drawing.

2c

You should delete any reference you made to his family (wife/sister) regardless of how mad you are. Obviously there are issues in completing deals but once you included those bits of information I really could give a mess about your $240 dollar drawing.

2c

agree

2c

agree

but I thought AC still taken more commission months after all those life events happen even that he didn't fulfill the initial commissions yet. I believe that is what the OP mean, leave all those life events out as an excuse?

2c

I stand by what I wrote. If it bothers him, then good. Great actually. I couldn't care less about his feelings, or about his situation. My interactions with him revealed to me that he was sane and normal. Normal enough to complete his work that he was paid for in advance.

He used the family excuses. I didn't. I did not send him a PM saying that "my best friend is dying and I would like to give him his present before he goes", or anything like that.

And I don't give a spoon about you giving a spoon. You ain't gonna fix this, so why would I?

2c

He's using it in the context of AC's explanations for his delay in doing the art - any of which are believeable to a certain point. After months upon months of delays, the sympathy and understanding you generate from strangers if your dog/cat/parakeet dies, brother/sister/barber gets in an auto accident, wife/dog/mother has a questionable personal relationship goes out the window.

AC used it as a crutch to explain why he wasn't producing, and now the time has long since passed and it leaves everyone to question the validity of his excuses, and any excuse that happens after that. I don't see how it causes any sort of problem, and it definitely paints a picture of AC's professional ethics.