• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

I think Mikenyc's theory is likely. Anthony has dug himself into a hole he may not be able to dig himself out of financially in a timely fashion. His own poor book-keeping/work management led to some mistaken sales (of books that were owed to others) to try and raise the cash to submit the books that were completed, but not sent to CGC. And thus the calamity we have now.

That is a super-nice positive way of putting it. I generally think of it as:

1. Artist advertises commissions and gets paid truckload of cash to create art.

2. Artist thinks "Hey, I can draw anytime I want to." and proceeds to turn Paypal money into a private scholarship for single mothers trying to put themselves through college by being an "exotic dancer".

3. After the scholarship has been completely disbursed one dollar at a time, realization sets in that he now has to spend time drawing and essentially have no funds to show for work that still needs to be performed.

4. Date a stripper and repeat steps 1-3 until everyone catches on.

"You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin him once."

- Matt Damon, Rounders

PS: so, AC dates strippers (shrug) ?

*sigh*

I kinda agree with that. I've only interacted with him on a messageboard maybe twice. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a typical artist. I've had MANY artists promise things and go back on what they said they'd do. Once it snowballs and gets out of control, they hide. I think that response started with Adam and Eve.

DG

*sigh*

I kinda agree with that. I've only interacted with him on a messageboard maybe twice. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a typical artist. I've had MANY artists promise things and go back on what they said they'd do. Once it snowballs and gets out of control, they hide. I think that response started with Adam and Eve.

DG

So, artists are LESS reliable than non-artists? Poppycock! :sumo: And since you invoke Genesis, aren't we all created in the Image...so who isn't an artist in some sense? :preach:

Edited by cloudofwit

*sigh*

DG

So, artists are LESS reliable than non-artists? Poppycock! :sumo: And since you invoke Genesis, aren't we all created in the Image...so who isn't an artist in some sense? :preach:

I think anyone who has to float work is less reliable than people who have work already lined up. I see contractors out quoting new jobs on the day they were supposed to start one they already had lined up. I'm not saying it's right to make a promise and not deliver. I'm just saying that a lot of people in the same situation would ultimately make the same choice as wrong as it is.

DG

This has been going on for years. In the late 1970s, a friend paid Frank Brunner $400 for an oil painting. He ended up chasing him for several years and it was only after he got friendly with Jim Starlin and Starlin intervened that Brunner delivered it, halfassed as it was.

*sigh*

DG

lol

*sigh*

DG

I think anyone who has to float work is less reliable than people who have work already lined up. I see contractors out quoting new jobs on the day they were supposed to start one they already had lined up. I'm not saying it's right to make a promise and not deliver. I'm just saying that a lot of people in the same situation would ultimately make the same choice as wrong as it is.

DG

DG is right; this happens in every field.

Artists, contractors, lawyers, ponzie schemers, etc. pretty much any self employed profession, where you have to keep the money flowing.

I've forgotten the name of the notorious comic book dealer who has been operating like this for years.

Speedy,

1. Are you still in contact with Anthony?

2. If so, is he reading this thread?

3. If so, are you encouraging him, giving him advice in any way at this point?

Speedy,

1. Are you still in contact with Anthony?

2. If so, is he reading this thread?

3. If so, are you encouraging him, giving him advice in any way at this point?

I don't know if he's read this thread yet. I think he's been working like crazy and hasn't been to the boards in a while, like maybe about a month. I have been in contact with him a little bit over the past couple few days though, yes.

I have been following this thread from the beginning (and the original SS thread for months.)

I have done and am in the process of completing recreations for boardies. I originally almost let this situation deter me from offering my services. Instead, Anthony's situation has driven me to be a better businessman with regards to how I treat the folks here.