• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

*sigh*

I kinda agree with that. I've only interacted with him on a messageboard maybe twice. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a typical artist. I've had MANY artists promise things and go back on what they said they'd do. Once it snowballs and gets out of control, they hide. I think that response started with Adam and Eve.

DG

Not my intent to start something, but this isn't the behavior of a typical artist. I would call myself a typical artist. I meet my deadlines, I have good contact with my clients, and I deliver a solid product.

*sigh*

I kinda agree with that. I've only interacted with him on a messageboard maybe twice. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a typical artist. I've had MANY artists promise things and go back on what they said they'd do. Once it snowballs and gets out of control, they hide. I think that response started with Adam and Eve.

DG

Not my intent to start something, but this isn't the behavior of a typical artist. I would call myself a typical artist. I meet my deadlines, I have good contact with my clients, and I deliver a solid product.

I commissioned you for a DD cover recreation 11 x 17 and I couldn't believe the turn around time. A few weeks at most.

Funny, because if I recall correctly I commissioned you and AC around the same time.

*sigh*

DG

So, artists are LESS reliable than non-artists? Poppycock! :sumo: And since you invoke Genesis, aren't we all created in the Image...so who isn't an artist in some sense? :preach:

Oh, hellllllo! :hi:

1.jpg

*sigh*

DG

Gotta agree here that it's an unfair generalization as this is far from being "typical." I've both commissioned work to artists, and have done a handful of recreation work myself and never acted in this matter. The only bump in the road I had was with Scottish who asked me to do a cover for him, but couldn't even get that project off the ground because I encountered some unforeseen health problems (nothing serious but enough of an issue that it effected my freehand drawing abilities, and likely developed from years of coding on a keyboard).

*sigh*

DG

I'd like to agree with Artboy on those points, because we are both artists - but I really can't based on my own experiences. I've also bought art from Artboy and things went nice and smooth. I've never blown off deadlines or projects in 20+ years of doing work for hire. It's important to maintain professionalism in the art industry, and it can be challenging at times.

However, when it comes to sketch ops, I have not had very good luck around here. I've participated in five sketch ops, two have been cancelled, one is going on 9 months, one drew the wrong character (and I got bumped to the bottom of the line) and one changed his mind about doing it. In over a years' time I have zero sketch covers after laying out over $1300 (at no fault of the facilitators, who are all very helpful). I've gotten my money back for most of them. I would love to say that comic artists are generally professional in their business dealings - I can't really do that.

AC has literally years of proof that he blows people off, shirks deadlines, has a shaky view on ethics and has more dead relatives than the Kennedy family. I'm not saying that the people who engaged him in his services deserve to get ripped off, but one of the reasons he's been able to continually get work is because people keep taking it to him despite his reputation.

I'm so glad I don't like John Byrne's artwork.

lol

I got my JB Omni in the mail yesterday. :banana:

Which one?

His complete FF work.

I've been meaning to ask you, did you buy/read/enjoy his new science fiction comic with the terrible title?

I bought the first issue and enjoyed it but can't find subsequent issues locally.

I have been following this thread from the beginning (and the original SS thread for months.)

I have done and am in the process of completing recreations for boardies. I originally almost let this situation deter me from offering my services. Instead, Anthony's situation has driven me to be a better businessman with regards to how I treat the folks here.

There's my man!!! :hi:

Yeah, don't ever hesitate to have Chris do any artwork for you! Guy is a class act and his cover recreations are awesome! (worship)

In over a years' time I have zero sketch covers after laying out over $1300.

Yikes. I've been fairly lucky in my opps, though the long turnaround times and not knowing how the sketch will turn out has been turning me off for the most part.

I have been following this thread from the beginning (and the original SS thread for months.)

I have done and am in the process of completing recreations for boardies. I originally almost let this situation deter me from offering my services. Instead, Anthony's situation has driven me to be a better businessman with regards to how I treat the folks here.

There's my man!!! :hi:

Yeah, don't ever hesitate to have Chris do any artwork for you! Guy is a class act and his cover recreations are awesome! (worship)

+1

I'm so glad I don't like John Byrne's artwork.

lol

I got my JB Omni in the mail yesterday. :banana:

Which one?

His complete FF work.

I've been meaning to ask you, did you buy/read/enjoy his new science fiction comic with the terrible title?

I bought the first issue and enjoyed it but can't find subsequent issues locally.

Did you mean Doomsday.1? I enjoyed it too and am waiting for the rest of the series to trickle into my mailbox. I'm glad IDW is letting him do the things he likes to do.

Elevated amounts of angst but the mods decide to go with a slice instead of a lock. Probably the right choice as this thread actually has some info for the community.

So a major section of this was just poofed....

I simply will rewrite what I wrote...

I have not been around much in the last week and a half.

However, the Comic Gods shine upon me to deliver this thread for my reading amusement.

Elevated amounts of angst but the mods decide to go with a slice instead of a lock. Probably the right choice as this thread actually has some info for the community.

Agreed.... as I was going to eventually seek Mr Castrillo out for a commission... After this thread I have second thoughts.