• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

Elevated amounts of angst but the mods decide to go with a slice instead of a lock. Probably the right choice as this thread actually has some info for the community.

Agreed.... as I was going to eventually seek Mr Castrillo out for a commission... After this thread I have second thoughts.

Ya me too, glad I found this thread.

That's probably a good thing - this thread needs to stand because of the AC topic, not get sidetracked and locked.

Elevated amounts of angst but the mods decide to go with a slice instead of a lock. Probably the right choice as this thread actually has some info for the community.

Agreed.... as I was going to eventually seek Mr Castrillo out for a commission... After this thread I have second thoughts.

And there's the intent.

No amount of talent can offset the ridiculousness that AC has put some of his patrons thru.

(ok may be an immense, Jim Lee, Jack Kirby back from the dead, Neal Adams level of talent could make it worth it... but we arent there)

I'm so glad I don't like John Byrne's artwork.

lol

I got my JB Omni in the mail yesterday. :banana:

Which one?

His complete FF work.

I've been meaning to ask you, did you buy/read/enjoy his new science fiction comic with the terrible title?

I bought the first issue and enjoyed it but can't find subsequent issues locally.

Did you mean Doomsday.1? I enjoyed it too and am waiting for the rest of the series to trickle into my mailbox. I'm glad IDW is letting him do the things he likes to do.

No, it's set on a space station. I just looked it up. "The High Ways"

That's probably a good thing - this thread needs to stand because of the AC topic, not get sidetracked and locked.

This thread needs to stand because it's one less slot on page 1 occupied by a MOS thread.

lol

Which one?

His complete FF work.

I've been meaning to ask you, did you buy/read/enjoy his new science fiction comic with the terrible title?

I bought the first issue and enjoyed it but can't find subsequent issues locally.

Did you mean Doomsday.1? I enjoyed it too and am waiting for the rest of the series to trickle into my mailbox. I'm glad IDW is letting him do the things he likes to do.

Yeah, I missed that one, but I've got the trade coming in the mail.

This thread needs to stand because it's one less slot on page 1 occupied by a MOS thread.

Or a tattoo thread.

Yep Beige.... IBTL +1

Dude - you got my back - I would be so gutted to lose a minus point!

Lets take 0.5 each!

Seriously - the moderation could just be a little more...lax than it is at the moment? :foryou:

If I have given sufficient warning to some here, to make them think twice about dealing with Castrillo. Then my mission is a success.

But I take no joy in it. I just wanted a good transaction with him. Alas, as hard as I tried. It did not come forth.

(man, I kind of sound like Thor there) :banana:

I am glad the mod/s did not delete this entire thread. Hopefully, no one will derail it again.

Now, if I can just make it through the day without getting a strike. :wishluck:

I have to go visit my mother in the hospital for a few hours. She has pneumonia, but will be okay. Did I ever mention on here that she had me when she was 15 (and married by the way), and I weighed 10 lbs.? On Mother Day even. :eek:

Just for the record I purchased this from the person [name escapes me at the moment] who commissioned it. When AC posted it in his thread I made the deal to buy shortly thereafter. We did a joint PM to AC so he could ship it to me directly but that was the last we have heard about it. Just want to post it here in case it shows up somewhere else:

scan1303210004_zpscab0f4dc.jpg

lol

Which one?

His complete FF work.

Yeah, I missed that one, but I've got the trade coming in the mail.

Let me know if you like it.

lol

Which one?

His complete FF work.

Do you mean Doomsday .1 or The Highways?

Oops, just saw above. I did like The Highways, but I'm liking Doomsday .1 more.

I basically get all my new issues off Ebay, it's more expensive unfortunately, but the LCS's near me refuse to let me have a pull list unless I order a minimum number of titles. That number is usually at least 10 and I only collect whatever JB does and whatever random stuff Perez or Neal Adams do.

I never understand how a store in the business of selling comics to make money would turn down guaranteed sales (shrug)

Edited by Logan510

*sigh*

I kinda agree with that. I've only interacted with him on a messageboard maybe twice. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a typical artist. I've had MANY artists promise things and go back on what they said they'd do. Once it snowballs and gets out of control, they hide. I think that response started with Adam and Eve.

DG

Not my intent to start something, but this isn't the behavior of a typical artist. I would call myself a typical artist. I meet my deadlines, I have good contact with my clients, and I deliver a solid product.

I think it's typical for anyone self-employed that runs into cash flow problems. Obviously, the better your track record for pleasing the customer, the better that helps market your services. It prevents things from getting this bad. If this involved sending comics to the CGC, I can see how it might not be easy to calculate the added time that it could consume. Small jobs can require just as much or more customer interaction as big jobs. I think this is just a situation that snowballed. I think Anthony does excellent work when he has time. Perhaps it takes him longer to get the results than veteran artists that have been whipping out commissions for a longer period. Only the artist himself can evaluate their workload. Some are more adept at that than others. People become artists because that's what they are good at doing. The business side might not be their strength. Some people feel shame when they make a promise they can't keep. They have good intentions, but they are more concerned with their day to day issues and forget the customer's perspective. Anyone who has been wronged has a right to be upset.

DG

lol

Which one?

His complete FF work.

Do you mean Doomsday .1 or The Highways?

Oops, just saw above. I did like The Highways, but I'm liking Doomsday .1 more.

I basically get all my new issues off Ebay, it's more expensive unfortunately, but the LCS's near me refuse to let me have a pull list unless I order a minimum number of titles. That number is usually at least 10 and I only collect whatever JB does and whatever random stuff Perez or Neal Adams do.

I never understand how a store in the business of selling comics to make money would turn down guaranteed sales (shrug)

Yeah, that is shortsighted.

I'm gonna check out Doomsday.1.