• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

Just for the record I purchased this from the person [name escapes me at the moment] who commissioned it. When AC posted it in his thread I made the deal to buy shortly thereafter. We did a joint PM to AC so he could ship it to me directly but that was the last we have heard about it. Just want to post it here in case it shows up somewhere else:

scan1303210004_zpscab0f4dc.jpg

Sorry to hear that.

I waited almost two years for a commission and then lost all hope....I was fed up....it wasnt until speedy-d fixed the issues or what not, that Anthony finally made my sketch (and he refused to finish it the way I requested, even though I waited a looooooooooooooooong time), then he had a bunch of sketches he had done recently at the time and I bought one of those, since it was close to what I had originally requested.....but I would never use his services again..even before he had his issues, I had been waiting a long time. When someone makes you wait, but tells you "dude, it will be long time before I get to yours," then you understand...but when they tell you, "I am working on it," the last thing running through your mind is.."I bet I will get this in a year or two"...... :taptaptap:

I have a story that sums the whole thing up.

A few years ago on the Byrne board, someone commissioned JB to do a drawing. He doesn't charge up front and if you don't like what he's done you don't lose a dime. So the guy who commissioned him decided he didn't like it...end of story right? Some time passes and an Anthony Castrillo commission that looks like it had been light boxed off of a copy / printout of the rejected JB drawing showed up on the original buyers CAF page. The buyer was outed on the boards and if IIRC AC claimed no knowledge of the prior illustration. Total BS as someone layed one on top of the other via Photoshop and it was a near perfect match.

Just sayin'

Links?

This is all from memory, but it happened. I remember the term "art thief" being thrown around and a lot of butthurt.

I found the link...thank Google:

Swiping

So..Anthony Castrillo is the copycat artist and scam artist and con artist as many faces of the artist in general? I thought his name was mafia.

Man this is disappointing. I saw one of his covers back before Christmas. We exchanged a few messages and I was going to do some business with AC at some point in the future.

I guess now I'm not...

You could...might see it by 2020 at this rate.

The tough guys are the best!!

Like I said I want no part of this. I am no advocate for anyone providing free dental services courtesy of their fist at a con. However, I am surprised that there are no accounts so far of loud confrontations at cons or any knocking his stuff off a table or anything.

There seems to be quite a few people that he owes money to and usually that is never a good thing for anyone in that situation.