Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
7 7

304 posts in this topic

45,555 posts

Being an artist who never made pro I despise punks like this.  If you dont like to draw get the hell out of the way for those of us that do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,811 posts

oh i read the thread....  i remember most of it.... just don't remember the final outcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94 posts

This is why buyers should try to do research via google searches and msg board inquiry posts.

A golden rule is simply "don't pay cash in advance" to artists you know nothing about nor their reputation or if there's even a bit of negative press.

If an artist wants the money up front, and you hear they're behind on their work and unreliable, consider yourself buying a lottery ticket that either may pay off or you may be a loser with nothing to show for it.

There are lots of artists who handle CIA, cash in advance payments well and deliver on the goods, and there's the artist's perspective of customers flaking on payments necessitating CIA payments.

If t's a "starving artist" always looking to make rent or hustle, that's the red flag for a desperate unorganized non-professional who probably is doing a money grab and you're standing in the back of a line all while this creative genius is sitting at home with a list of commissions that are overdue while posting photos of cats playing ping-pong on social media or smoking up weed playing video games all day.

The artists who are professional who don't "need" the money are usually the ones who deliver because they are professional and respectful.  There's a few out there of course who are just slow too.

The majority of honorable slow artists are the ones who tell fans, put your name on the list and when I get to you or get it done we can discuss payment, otherwise, you're on the list, I owe you nothing and you've paid nothing.  

The problem with CIA is once you've paid in full, you've given the artist no motivation to complete your piece.  You need a carrot to dangle in front of 'em to ensure they're focused.  Partial payments, not payments in full are one way to start.  The other is COD, cash on delivery of course.

No art is worth chasing or groveling over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,555 posts
49 minutes ago, BeholdersEye said:

The problem with CIA is once you've paid in full, you've given the artist no motivation to complete your piece.

This this a thousand times this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,481 posts

The thread is five years ago but how many you were victimized by very same guy so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,395 posts

Anyone know how to get in touch with @Speedy-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,837 posts
20 hours ago, BeholdersEye said:

This is why buyers should try to do research via google searches and msg board inquiry posts.

A golden rule is simply "don't pay cash in advance" to artists you know nothing about nor their reputation or if there's even a bit of negative press.

If an artist wants the money up front, and you hear they're behind on their work and unreliable, consider yourself buying a lottery ticket that either may pay off or you may be a loser with nothing to show for it.

There are lots of artists who handle CIA, cash in advance payments well and deliver on the goods, and there's the artist's perspective of customers flaking on payments necessitating CIA payments.

If t's a "starving artist" always looking to make rent or hustle, that's the red flag for a desperate unorganized non-professional who probably is doing a money grab and you're standing in the back of a line all while this creative genius is sitting at home with a list of commissions that are overdue while posting photos of cats playing ping-pong on social media or smoking up weed playing video games all day.

The artists who are professional who don't "need" the money are usually the ones who deliver because they are professional and respectful.  There's a few out there of course who are just slow too.

The majority of honorable slow artists are the ones who tell fans, put your name on the list and when I get to you or get it done we can discuss payment, otherwise, you're on the list, I owe you nothing and you've paid nothing.  

The problem with CIA is once you've paid in full, you've given the artist no motivation to complete your piece.  You need a carrot to dangle in front of 'em to ensure they're focused.  Partial payments, not payments in full are one way to start.  The other is COD, cash on delivery of course.

No art is worth chasing or groveling over. 

I ask for 50% cash in advance to ensure the buyer is committed to buying but I only get that when I am starting the work. in 30+ years I have never missed a deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,735 posts
14 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I ask for 50% cash in advance to ensure the buyer is committed to buying but I only get that when I am starting the work. in 30+ years I have never missed a deadline.

When i ask for commissions from artists I've never dealt with this is what I ask for when negotiating price as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,395 posts
1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Just one question.  Who is Anthony Castrillo?

He was Sweet Lou’s first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,709 posts
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Just one question.  Who is Anthony Castrillo?

A very talented artist
who took more money and commissions that he could handle.

This are some pieces that I have from him...

a1.thumb.jpg.b7545a503eea6be750e3b85ab625d8e5.jpg

a2.jpg.ce44aa2284972f0f504f2ef991422e5b.jpg

a3.jpg.effd34f0069e4f2bda73ccb977ac4f58.jpg

a4.jpg.595a6b421a4a71d72b82cb7f7bd3120e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,359 posts
On 7/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, PEEL1965 said:

Wish I had seen this sooner.  I'm out $350.  This is fraud.

Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,489 posts
15 minutes ago, Speedy-D said:

:shy:

Whoa! :whatthe::hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,359 posts
36 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I just stalked you like last week!

 

:hi: Turns out I owed someone money like a damn fool deadbeat, so had to show up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,489 posts
4 minutes ago, Speedy-D said:

:hi: Turns out I owed someone money like a damn fool deadbeat, so had to show up...

Well,it's great to see you're okay. :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,662 posts

I’m not a member of that group, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing if someone posted a link to this thread (maybe someone already has)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7