• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

I paid Anthony for a commission towards the end of last year. Then I started to see a lot of posts of people who have been waiting years and we agreed to cancel it so he could focus on getting older ones done. It took awhile of back and forth emails but he refunded the full amount about a month ago.

I'm happy I got my money back.

So if we translate "End of Last year" as December

and "refunded about a month ago" as May

Thats 4+ months just to REFUND SOMEONE THE MONEY THAT THEY GAVE YOU.

Its the internet Anthony. You were already on your computer (replying to the guy) why not just open a tab, log into paypal and return him his money (refund option in paypal so fees would be refunded too).

That's at best 2 minutes of work to close out an open issue and give someone his money back and retain the possibility of him asking you for another commission down the road.

Instead you take months and probably burn another potential customer.

Brilliant. No wonder you havent had work on back to back issues of something for over a decade. nope I wont say that... to catty.

You should delete any reference you made to his family (wife/sister) regardless of how mad you are. Obviously there are issues in completing deals but once you included those bits of information I really could give a mess about your $240 dollar drawing.

2c

agree

So personal problems are an acceptable justification for stealing from people over a multi-year period?

Everyone has issues. Adults find ways to make good on their obligations....especially over such a ridiculously long timeframe.

You should delete any reference you made to his family (wife/sister) regardless of how mad you are. Obviously there are issues in completing deals but once you included those bits of information I really could give a mess about your $240 dollar drawing.

2c

I stand by what I wrote. If it bothers him, then good. Great actually. I couldn't care less about his feelings, or about his situation. My interactions with him revealed to me that he was sane and normal. Normal enough to complete his work that he was paid for in advance.

He used the family excuses. I didn't. I did not send him a PM saying that "my best friend is dying and I would like to give him his present before he goes", or anything like that.

And I don't give a spoon about you giving a spoon. You ain't gonna fix this, so why would I?

An old Irish proverb- Everyone that walks thru my door puts a smile on my face. Some when they enter, some when they leave.

I don't give a spoon about you giving a spoon. You ain't gonna fix this, so why would I?

I kinda like that as a zippy comeback. Gonna have to put that one in the bank.

I have been waiting almost 3 years, got some of them but one is still outstanding. I've been patient and would still like to see him finish what he has started but a definite timeline I'm sure would be appreciated by everyone. It pains me to see it come to this as he is a talent but he has left many people in the lurch which just isn't right.

Based on the history of this incident and this person I dont think they have the ability/skillset to plan their workload and create even a swag timeline for people to set expectations against....

[and I work in the software industry with engineers, they are notorious for bad timing judgment, but even this is beyond my thresholds to understand!]

How many people have actually had Anthony fulfill his obligation?

What's he averaging, one commission complete/month? 2? 4?

2c

agree

So personal problems are an acceptable justification for stealing from people over a multi-year period? Good to know!

The OP for this thread states that he wants other people who search for AC to find this thread, and hopes that his statements will prevent them from doing business with AC.

Naming these personal issues (real or not) in the fashion presented might distract from the facts, IMO. The facts are: This guy took my money for services, never provided the services, and still has my money, 1-3 years later. You might mention the excuses he made, but it may come off a bit distasteful (to a stranger reading this thread) to say you don't care about their personal (named) issues, even if you don't. Its the difference between a stranger perceiving a angry internet rant and a credible warning. Nothing 'wrong' with either, just depends on what your goals are.

my 2 cents.

Maybe its time we start to list exactly how many commissions are outstanding, just to get a scope of what's left to be done?

Deja vu all over again! :ohnoez:

Maybe its time we start to list exactly how many commissions are outstanding, just to get a scope of what's left to be done?

Deja vu all over again! :ohnoez:

Fill us in here, Andy.

2c

I stand by what I wrote. If it bothers him, then good. Great actually. I couldn't care less about his feelings, or about his situation. My interactions with him revealed to me that he was sane and normal. Normal enough to complete his work that he was paid for in advance.

He used the family excuses. I didn't. I did not send him a PM saying that "my best friend is dying and I would like to give him his present before he goes", or anything like that.

And I don't give a spoon about you giving a spoon. You ain't gonna fix this, so why would I?

Since you're standing by it, here's what you wrote:

I do not care if his sister died. Or if his dog pizzed on his leg, or if he caught his wife with three guys in the men's room.. He has cheated me out of $240.00, and has lied to me. The business transaction between him and I, have nothing to do with his personal problems.

I'm not saying your complaints are invalid nor was I claiming I could do anything.

If any portion of what you said here is true, you're a huge , if it's all false you're still a huge but slightly smaller one and for different reasons.

To answer October, because I don't care about a good outcome for "condition: freak"

So personal problems are an acceptable justification for stealing from people over a multi-year period?

Everyone has issues. Adults find ways to make good on their obligations....especially over such a ridiculously long timeframe.

I don't think personal issues are grounds for inexcusable delays. I don't think commenting on his wife is appropriate, she's not part of this business deal.

Also if AC's sister passed & he followed it up with a dog joke...well then...I guess we can disagree...

You may be right. I may be wrong. I will let the public decide. But as has been said. Castrillo brought his family problems into this situation. He used them for excuses. When you use things for excuses, they become part of the public record.

Future interested peoples should know that this is what he has used to justify his inability to live up to commitments.

I am as sympathetic for a persons temporary problems as the next guy. But the key word there is "temporary".

Bottom line is this: Anthony Castrillo can not be counted upon to live up to obligations and commitments. A prospective employer, be it a company or an individual, should be aware of this.

I have a story that sums the whole thing up.

A few years ago on the Byrne board, someone commissioned JB to do a drawing. He doesn't charge up front and if you don't like what he's done you don't lose a dime. So the guy who commissioned him decided he didn't like it...end of story right? Some time passes and an Anthony Castrillo commission that looks like it had been light boxed off of a copy / printout of the rejected JB drawing showed up on the original buyers CAF page. The buyer was outed on the boards and if IIRC AC claimed no knowledge of the prior illustration. Total BS as someone layed one on top of the other via Photoshop and it was a near perfect match.

Just sayin'

I have a story that sums the whole thing up.

A few years ago on the Byrne board, someone commissioned JB to do a drawing. He doesn't charge up front and if you don't like what he's done you don't lose a dime. So the guy who commissioned him decided he didn't like it...end of story right? Some time passes and an Anthony Castrillo commission that looks like it had been light boxed off of a copy / printout of the rejected JB drawing showed up on the original buyers CAF page. The buyer was outed on the boards and if IIRC AC claimed no knowledge of the prior illustration. Total BS as someone layed one on top of the other via Photoshop and it was a near perfect match.

Just sayin'

Links?

There's a 300 page thread regarding the topic right there on page one in the Signature room.

That thread is epic in a sad, sad way.

Post a pic of a UPS sticker from CGC, couple weeks later books that boardies apparently paid for show up on ebay.