• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

Once again, who is Anthony Castrillo? I've never heard of the guy.

He's a comic artist who has done some DC work (amongst others) in the past. I'm sure he's on wiki if someone wants to provide the link (on my phone).

http://www.comicvine.com/anthony-castrillo/4040-44236/

List of people Anthony Castrillo owes work or refunds to:

user name (date of payment/engagement)

conditionfreak (May 2011)

Silver Surfer (almost 3 years ago)

plasticmoz (? supposedly sent to CGC in Nov 2012)

J DUB (Oct 2012 purchased completed sketch, asked to add back)

Erndog (unknown D Doom, finished pic posted in Mid-Jan)

absolutecarnage (10/2010)

sl4ppy (10/2011)

Resolved issues, completed work

I like pie (Dec 2012) Refunded money May 2013.

Silver Surfer ("almost 3 years ago) 3 commissions completed

who else goes on the list of satisfied or unsatisfied customers?

I've got a huge list of completed stuff, some uncompleted too, but I don't feel good about sharing it. If the people on it want me to share their info, they can let me know. Or share it themselves of course.

Can you share the data without giving names?

Such as, how many outstanding? How long have they been waiting? ect

Guest Grails

I gave up on Anthony long ago. I commissioned him for one sketch cover which I received and one large DPS. The DPS was never completed. My mistake was paying in full in advance. This was a few years ago. His lack of honor was very disappointing and I couldn't stand the sight of the sketch cover so I sold it. If you are reading Anthony, there is no restitution for this. Not the DPS or the money. I had enjoyed talking with you via PM and you simply stole from me and others.

Just remember this, the measure of a man is his word. In the end, you have nothing else.

This thread is super painful. Anyone else ever have to read through a thread like this, about someone they know fairly well and like, where half of what people are saying is totally true, the other half either kinda true, or a bit wrong, or just venting?

I wish I could help out. I've been trying for the past couple days but it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

he is not even famous enough to be on wiki :roflmao:

perhaps some disgruntled soul here will create a wiki about him...notorious cheat and scallywag, famous for his lightboxery and skullduggery

Updated:

sl4ppy (10/2011)

Mayor006 Oct. 24, 2012

There's another boarder that still has an undelivered piece...I'll leave it to him to decide whether to come forward.

sl4ppy (10/2011)

who else goes on the list of satisfied or unsatisfied customers?

I've got a huge list of completed stuff, some uncompleted too, but I don't feel good about sharing it. If the people on it want me to share their info, they can let me know. Or share it themselves of course.

Can you share the data without giving names?

Such as, how many outstanding? How long have they been waiting? ect

My list is pretty out of date. I stopped getting any updates a while ago, after I moved and had to give up on getting the remaining people taken care of.

But yeah, I can go through it and see what I can share. You gotta remember that it's over 8 months old.

This thread is super painful. Anyone else ever have to read through a thread like this, about someone they know fairly well and like, where half of what people are saying is totally true, the other half either kinda true, or a bit wrong, or just venting?

I wish I could help out. I've been trying for the past couple days but it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

I don't think anyone has attacked you over any of this. On the contrary, you deserve all the praise ever for trying to get this man to produce some work or refunds. It is an awful deal when you have to read or hear about someone you know and like in this fashion, but he has dug himself a pretty big hole. And I doubt he will get out with any kind of credibility.

It has been suggested in the Signature Series forum that some sort of legal recourse is the only option for his customers to get their money back. Seems like they might be right.

I don't think anyone has attacked you over any of this. On the contrary, you deserve all the praise ever for trying to get this man to produce some work or refunds. It is an awful deal when you have to read or hear about someone you know and like in this fashion, but he has dug himself a pretty big hole. And I doubt he will get out with any kind of credibility.

It has been suggested in the Signature Series forum that some sort of legal recourse is the only option for his customers to get their money back. Seems like they might be right.

O, I know no one's after me. It just sucks to see this goin' down, and know that neither side is evil.

I know it's already been said again and again, and it won't do anything to make anyone whole, but we have to stop paying for commissions up front. It's just asking for trouble, and it leaves us so powerless when things go wrong.

Between reading this entire thread and The House of Comics thread, I am really glad I joined this site. Invaluable amounts of information on who to trust and more importantly, not to trust.

The reason that he can't honor returns is that he is not financially capable. The part of this story where I would feel bad is when he fell behind because of the personal issues and found it difficult to get ahead.

The part of this story where it gets ugly is where Anthony made empty promises of completed pieces at CGC, probably couldn't afford grading fees, made promises that refunds would be made, probably couldn't afford the returns, started selling sketches that were represented as finished to paying members.

And much like members who sell to PL or HOS members, rationalizing the terrible behavior is like spitting in the faces of those members who have been injured in one way or another.

You made a good effort last time (worship) , but once people saw his name pop up again the $$ flowed his way and it's right back to where it started- or worse!

The reason that he can't honor returns is that he is not financially capable. The part of this story where I would feel bad is when he fell behind because of the personal issues and found it difficult to get ahead.

The part of this story where it gets ugly is where Anthony made empty promises of completed pieces at CGC, probably couldn't afford grading fees, made promises that refunds would be made, probably couldn't afford the returns, started selling sketches that were represented as finished to paying members.

And much like members who sell to PL or HOS members, rationalizing the terrible behavior is like spitting in the faces of those members who have been injured in one way or another.

If he's fallen behind because of personal issues he needs to sit down and complete the commissions or complete some other paid work. We all are gonna have personal losses in our lives. It's a shame and we feel bad but it's how we handle adversity that defines our character.

And his comments in that linked thread tell me all I need to know about his character. None of it good.

we have to stop paying for commissions up front.

While that would be favorable for buyers, are there artists willing to put in the work for sketches that never get paid for?

we have to stop paying for commissions up front.

While that would be favorable for buyers, are there artists willing to put in the work for sketches that never get paid for?

50/50 deal... Half now, half later

May create the same problem but only hurt half as bad... (shrug)