• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 Club
2 2

487 posts in this topic

Amazing that both slab copies have OW pages. That's remarkable for any GA book.

Legendary book to have. Here's to an understanding spouse. (thumbs u

believe it or not ow is pretty standard for supes 1. I think most every copy I've owned has been ow or better. Kind of like supe 14. Just a better quality paper used I guess (shrug)

Amazing that both slab copies have OW pages. That's remarkable for any GA book.

Legendary book to have. Here's to an understanding spouse. (thumbs u

believe it or not ow is pretty standard for supes 1. I think most every copy I've owned has been ow or better. Kind of like supe 14. Just a better quality paper used I guess (shrug)

Know it all. lol

That's new news to me. (thumbs u

Using the 1.8 sale as a baseline, the 2.0 should bring 55 to 60k. Not sure if the spine split and reattachment with tape will impact it at all. With all the discussion and hype about tape lately, we'll soon know.

The tape on the book certainly didn't impact the sale price for your 1.8 (thumbs u

Using the 1.8 sale as a baseline, the 2.0 should bring 55 to 60k. Not sure if the spine split and reattachment with tape will impact it at all. With all the discussion and hype about tape lately, we'll soon know.

The tape on the book certainly didn't impact the sale price for your 1.8 (thumbs u

DK, my point is the tape put on the 2.0 reattached the split cover to the book. Collectors could view that differently and bid accordingly. Being a Sup 1, I don't think it matters but we'll see. :hi:

DK, my point is the tape put on the 2.0 reattached the split cover to the book. Collectors could view that differently and bid accordingly. Being a Sup 1, I don't think it matters but we'll see. :hi:

I see your point, but I doubt that the tape would be a factor in the final sale price. It's a Supes #1 for crying out loud! Probably the rarest mega key to acquire in unrestored condition. Btw, congrats on picking up the 1.8!!! It exceeded my expectations!

I see your point, but I doubt that the tape would be a factor in the final sale price. It's a Supes #1 for crying out loud! Probably the rarest mega key to acquire in unrestored condition. Btw, congrats on picking up the 1.8!!! It exceeded my expectations!

Thanks! (Wish I could afford 2). :cry:

Thanks! (Wish I could afford 2). :cry:

Wish I could afford A copy :cry:

this was my pool table last summer

supesx2_zps67b1b210.jpg

(worship) You sold the 3.5 I believe? At least you have the 4.0 (thumbs u

correct...

this is the nicest supes 1 I ever owned (bought from our own action1kid)....

only sold it, because at time I was going after the action 1 6.0 CC auctioned and I needed to capitalize...wish I had it back :cry:

sup1_zps492421b0.jpg

supesx2_zps67b1b210.jpg

correct...

only sold it, because at time I was going after the action 1 6.0 CC auctioned and I needed to capitalize...wish I had it back :cry:

sup1_zps492421b0.jpg

nice, tight, bright of a FN.

supesx2_zps67b1b210.jpg

correct...

sup1_zps492421b0.jpg

nice, tight, bright of a FN.

GAtor, what's the book to the left that we can barely see? Another Sup 1? :o

Edited by peewee22

I have an incomplete Sup1, missing first 3 wraps and centerfold, still looks in great shape.

Perhaps the same copy I looked at about 5 years ago - a small batch of GA comics had been found in a foot locker in San Diego and the estate agent was showing the books to a few local shops for secret bids. I was asked to help with the appraisal.

The best books were the Timelys, including a bone white paged (mid-grade) Human Torch 2(1), plus the other of the first few issues of Torch, Subby, and Cap.

The Superman 1 was coverless, missing the first 3 wraps, and had no centerfold - we were going to buy it, but it ended up as part of the secret bid batch (which was won by Terry's Comics; we came in second).

Congrat's and enjoy...