• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 Club
2 2

487 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2017 at 10:34 PM, G.A.tor said:

Don’t restore. Just put in Mylar together

I think that's the route I'll take.  

If I do get to a point that I'd ever want to sell it do think having it "conserved" would be a smart thing to do just to bump up the grade up to a 3.0 or so? No resto, just conservation.

27 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think that's the route I'll take.  

If I do get to a point that I'd ever want to sell it do think having it "conserved" would be a smart thing to do just to bump up the grade up to a 3.0 or so? No resto, just conservation.

and I would advise just the opposite...it is, what it is...you restrict potential buying pool if you have it conserved...let the potential buyer make that decision...better to have a larger buying pool than a smaller one (conserved accepted crowd)

49 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

and I would advise just the opposite...it is, what it is...you restrict potential buying pool if you have it conserved...let the potential buyer make that decision...better to have a larger buying pool than a smaller one (conserved accepted crowd)

Thanks GAtor, I value your opinion a lot. (thumbsu

Edited by gadzukes

Come next month I’ll be the proud owner of my second Superman 1. Photos of both my current raw copy and soon to be graded below. Both are coverless with the raw missing the 1st two wraps and centerfold and the graded fully complete minus 1/4 of page 16 missing.

1145651B-0823-4E55-B27A-A662F0A1B9C1.jpeg

4C187AF1-C45C-49D6-B3D8-36A5893E551F.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

18 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Bob Storms sold a 1.0 Brittle for 85K

I guess he sold it off EBay because it was on there and isn’t anymore, nor is it in the sold section. He had it listed for $85K best offer so I imagine he sold it for less than $85K. It was sitting at that price with offer option for a while.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

As book has sold, only the thumbnail is viewable.

Peter you have to click see original listing on the Superman 1 it's right after it says              Superman #1 CGC FR 1.0 Brittle pages

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-1-CGC-FR-1-0-Brittle-pages-/182693040239?hash=item2a895a906f:g:-X8AAOSwJGlZfOqS

Edited by woowoo

15 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I guess he sold it off EBay because it was on there and isn’t anymore, nor is it in the sold section. He had it listed for $85K best offer so I imagine he sold it for less than $85K. It was sitting at that price with offer option for a while.

I just checked eBay and there is no sale of the book in the completed section. Most likely was either sold privately through his website (wondering if it will be on GPA) or if not his book the consignor asked to pull the listing down.

6 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Most likely was either sold privately through his website (wondering if it will be on GPA) or if not his book the consignor asked to pull the listing down.

Book is marked as SOLD on HighGradeComics. Don't think consignor removed listing. Doubt sale gets reported to GPA.

Edited by Gotham Kid

28 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Book is marked as SOLD on HighGradeComics. Don't think consignor removed listing. Doubt sale gets reported to GPA.

Interesting. Well I find it very hard to believe he sold it for $85K. He had best offer on EBay so it would be in someone’s benefit to get it for less. But regardless I would have paid $85K if I’m being honest lol. Brittle pages is tough, but having the entire cover and a 1.0 is awesome. And considering the other copy as mentioned sold for over $100K, this price for his copy seemed reasonable.

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Not to mention Supes 1 is one of the tougher keys to find in unrestored condition. So any unrestored copy that is being offered up for sale usually gets scooped up pretty fast.

Can't argue that! It's why I've purchased two, despite both being coverless and one missing several wraps lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1