• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 Club
2 2

487 posts in this topic

Could not find one so I started this one. Getting mine from C-Link (when it's paid for...almost there). This dish rag is costing me some nice books guys! lol

Presents very well I think. I know there are more out there...

138921.jpg

Awesome!!!!! (worship)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

My gosh Richard, that is so purdy - a restored, super-lovely, mid-grade key with white pages. hm

I agree it is an amazing copy. But for the record, I consider 7.0 high grade. Mid grade for me stops at 6.5 for GA

My gosh Richard, that is so purdy - a restored, super-lovely, mid-grade key with white pages. hm

I agree it is an amazing copy. But for the record, I consider 7.0 high grade. Mid grade for me stops at 6.5 for GA

Even more amazing, the single piece replacement is on an interior page, not the cover.

Here the purdiest er poor copy you ever saw :acclaim:

superm18.jpg

Now that is an awesome book...I wish books could talk cause this one would have one heck of a story to tell...

I owned this in the early 90s at one point. Bought it from Fishler for $1000.

Sold it to a guy who was trying to learn restoration and said this was going to be his big project - obviously he thought better of that and never even started.

I am very lucky and fortunate to even land a copy that is within my price range. I'm so happy! Been waiting too long for one.. I'm on :cloud9: Thanks for the comments guys.

Congrats DK! What an outstanding copy! Is it restored at all?

I am very lucky and fortunate to even land a copy that is within my price range. I'm so happy! Been waiting too long for one.. I'm on :cloud9: Thanks for the comments guys.

Yep completely unrestored :)

Fantastic book DK. I really wish mine was raw so I could flip thru it. You lucky dog.

Double thumbs up! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Do you mind me asking how much this cost you, been looking for a copy for a long time

Most collectors don't discuss what they paid, esp on big books. (thumbs u

Anything above 1.0, expect to pay 40k plus. The big problem is finding one, esp like DK did in a raw state.

Keep checking the Boards as any copy that shows up on any website or auction house is normally discussed here.

Do you mind me asking how much this cost you, been looking for a copy for a long time

I don't really want to disclose prices I paid on books of this magnitude, but all I can say is that a Superman 1 is basically $30k a point roughly.

Fantastic book DK. I really wish mine was raw so I could flip thru it. You lucky dog.

Double thumbs up! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Oh man when I was flipping through the pages, I had this kiddie feeling in my gut.. The interior panels look exactly like an Action 1 for the most part..