• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM pence Keys

38 posts in this topic

Congrats on those grades. I was thrown off by the rusted staples on the Avengers 1 too. Looking at the pics, 6.5 seems pretty generous, but like you say... in hand the comics can look a lot different.

Strange that they didn't note "UK Edition" on the FF 1. I wonder if they added it to the US census of the UK census.

Never looked at the census before I sent these, I should have thought about that.

Just looked now heres the breakdown, I should have bought more of these back in the day.

Avengers #1

Cents = 1966 copies

Pence = 21 copies, highest is a 8.0

Daredevil

Cents = 2187 copies

Pence = 11 copies, highest is a 8.5

Fantastic Four # 1

Cents = 1310 copies

Pence = 5 copies, highest is a 5.0 :o

Never looked at the census before I sent these, I should have thought about that.

Just looked now heres the breakdown, I should have bought more of these back in the day.

Avengers #1

Cents = 1966 copies

Daredevil

Cents = 2187 copies

Fantastic Four # 1

Cents = 1310 copies

Did you check out the Hulk 1 census?

Avengers #1

Cents = 1966 copies

Daredevil

Cents = 2187 copies

Fantastic Four # 1

Cents = 1310 copies

Did you check out the Hulk 1 census?

Hulk 1

Cents = 944 (1/4 are restored)

Pence = 10 (universal) copies, highest is a 5.5

I can't believe how rare the FF1 pence copy is. That's surprising.

Living here in the UK, I have never felt confident about sending my own books in to CGC (these are the first I have ever sent, thanks Nick - FlamingTelepath) I know a few people do, but the vast majority dont.

Raw pence keys are a lot more common here, than these stats would lead you to believe.

I have personally seen a lot higher grades raw, than these, over the years.

Living here in the UK, I have never felt confident about sending my own books in to CGC (these are the first I have ever sent, thanks Nick - FlamingTelepath) I know a few people do, but the vast majority dont.

Raw pence keys are a lot more common here, than these stats would lead you to believe.

Kevin, how was your overall experience in sending these in? What was your turn-around time?

Have you seen any high grade raw pence copies of AF15 or TOS39? I ask because I currently have the highest graded copies of both of those comics and I'm hoping they stay the highest graded copies.

Kevin, how was your overall experience in sending these in? What was your turn-around time?

Have you seen any high grade raw pence copies of AF15 or TOS39? I ask because I currently have the highest graded copies of both of those comics and I'm hoping they stay the highest graded copies.

I sent a total of 12 books, I have had these books for 20+ years and more in some cases, I would have been concerned, except I wasnt worried at all, as it was Nick with the reins.

The experience wouldnt have happened at all if it wasnt for Nick (Flaming Telepath) (worship) I doubt (I wouldnt) have sent them myself.

I sent them to Nick in March 2013 and got 6 back in June 2013

The other 6 are still away :( hopefully back soon, they are not key books.

I had a table at a mart in the late 1990s and someone was selling very HG copies of AF#15 and AMS #1 ( NM ) to me at the time. I just couldnt raise the £1000 ( $1500) each he wanted at the time :o

They are out there somewhere.

I have a few friends with raw AF #15 but I dont remember if they would beat your 7.0 even if they were to send them in ( they wont)

I think you are safe for a while.

I have never seen a HG TOS #39, in fact the only pence copy I ever saw in the wild, is my own copy and that is probably close to being the lowest grade :cry:lol

TalesofSuspense39.jpg

Well brother send a little love my way! :foryou:

They mostly sell for the same price as cents copies here though :(

Well then, I have a 7.0 Pence copy I'd like to sell over there.

Well then, I have a 7.0 Pence copy I'd like to sell over there.

Trust me the day will come for these books :wishluck:

Ill predict 2 steps higher than NIK sold them to you. Please Confirm at the end of the show. :-)

Grades already posted.

I have had these books since I was a kid, Nick didn't sell them to me, he got them graded for me.