• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

2069492748_2019-04-3019_11_19.jpg.0b15d31e69d2acc4a5de705126e97d0a.jpg

564428788_2019-04-3019_11_37.jpg.bfdf222e28ccfa1588e75e70d9b7e1d0.jpg

"Yeah, right. You'd have thought that you might have worked that one out after the King bloody Kong fiasco, genius."

682978815_2019-04-3019_12_02.jpg.5ae932ea5a4a0e60d28e620e31117fcc.jpg

"Never mind all that, look at the size of it's c:censored:"

I don’t think the word codpiece needs to be censored(: 

22 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Just picked this up from Ciorac. One down, one to go to finish my TOS run.

TOS11.jpg

Great copy !

This one has eluded me in any grade above Fine. In fact, I think the best copy I have came from KirbyJack's liquidation sale.

What's the last one you need?

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Well, one of the books I was excited to receive (and the rarer one by far) has been lost in the mail. :cry:  I've got both the seller and PO looking into it, so :wishluck: it turns up.

In the meantime, I'll start the parade of recent pickups. This one hasn't arrived yet either, but I like its chances. I'm very glad to upgrade to this beauty from my CGC 6.0.

TOS25CGC85.jpg

Great book mysterio !

Very sorry to hear about the lost item, hoping everything turns out fine for you :wishluck:

11 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Just curious what are the hardest Tales To Astonish issues to find, or the ones that come up for sale the least often?

#4 and 22 for sure, 24 is not easy either. #2-3 are certainly less common. 

Edited by mysterio

40 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Here is another of my recent pickups, though I made the deal about six months ago. Finally got it paid off and feel like I can show it off. :cloud9:

TTA01CGC70.jpg

Now that's a crown jewel there...………….. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

42 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Here is another of my recent pickups, though I made the deal about six months ago. Finally got it paid off and feel like I can show it off. :cloud9:

TTA01CGC70.jpg

:headbang: ^^ :headbang:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!! Simply gorgeous copy M !

Feel free to show that off anytime :cloud9:

-bc

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

TTA01CGC70.jpg

Nice! That's the next to-buy comic on my bucket list. Golly, I was only looking at a 3.0, and here you have a 7.0. Maybe I should up the ante and buy a 9.0.....

4 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Nice! That's the next to-buy comic on my bucket list. Golly, I was only looking at a 3.0, and here you have a 7.0. Maybe I should up the ante and buy a 9.0.....

I started with a raw that graded at a 3.5, then upgraded to a 4.5 that I thought would be my forever copy. This one fell in my lap and I couldn’t pass it up.