• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,999 posts in this topic

Is there a set for all the Atlas/Marvel pre-hero monster issues? If not, should we ask for one?

AA 1-14

JIM 50-82

ST 67-100, Annual 1

SW 1-5

ToS 1-38

TtA 1-34

WoF 15-19

13 minutes ago, Rosland said:

Is there a set for all the Atlas/Marvel pre-hero monster issues? If not, should we ask for one?

AA 1-14

JIM 50-82

ST 67-100, Annual 1

SW 1-5

ToS 1-38

TtA 1-34

WoF 15-19

Assume you're talking about a Registry Competitive Set Type as you can create a Custom Set anytime.

Great question!

I've thought about this before - unless they can combine the existing sets into a master "PHM" set with those specific issues, there isn't much reason/demand to create a new separate set. Why would someone with the best TTA set (who has very little of the others) want to transfer to another competitive set where they have no ranking? More so with JIM & Strange Tales as those titles have more fanatics due to the PCH portion of their lifespan (Note that closest JIM set is from #1-82).

I use the existing PHM Competitive Set Types to record my books (NOTE: this is meant as an example only and is not intended to be non-inclusive):

image.thumb.png.e7d0ceabf2fe38202931967ae30d727d.png

Plus, several of the nicer sets are "Obscured" - like your TOS set :) - not sure how that would factor in as they are basically "private data".

IMHO - It's a great question to ask, but there is likely only a very small population that would actually utilize it (and most would be regular posters here). The existing sets (other than JIM) provide adequate functionality.

Just my 2c

-bc

9 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Part of my haul from this past weekends Hero Con ...

Lovely. And you'll never see three more different 10c price fonts 

Here's another TTA #16 missing it's cover price (which CGC missed) - currently on ebay now if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-16-CGC-2-5-OW-Jack-Kirby-Steve-Ditko-Monster-Cover/372676890303?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

tta16.thumb.jpg.e581f68aa327975d505329786cb2e9c0.jpg