• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Thank you!!

Yeah, the TOS #33 was the last pre-hero I needed to complete the #1-38 run, now I just need to upgrade my #13 & 17 to 6.0 or better slabs and I'll be set.

TOS33CGCs.jpg

Thanks for this :cloud9:

Double Congrats on finishing the set! I will be tipping a pint in your honor in a few hours.

If I can ever find an upgrade to my 6.5 TOS17, you'll be the first to know :)

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Here are the other contents of the box. Very excited to add all these to the collection, but I will be washing some dishes, collecting aluminum cans, and considering the Seinfeld trip up to Michigan with a box truck full of bottles to return... Many thanks to the boardie who was kind enough to sell these to me, I will let him out himself if he would like!! (Sorry if the image is rotated, damn iPhones...)

IMG_2582a.jpg

*Gasp!*

37 minutes ago, Commissioner Gordon said:

I'll post a better photo later, but I thought this would be appreciated here.

20190722_103457.jpg

That is very welcome here Commissioner!

Really nice copy of a tough book!

Oh, almost forgot to say Welcome to the Boards!

Edited by bc

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, bc said:

Congratulations to @RICK STARR on his recognition for the one of the best GA Registry sets of 2019 for his Strange Tales 1-100 collection !

Best Golden Age Sets
comic_best_gold_age2019.gif

RICK STARR - TALES OF THE STRANGE - Strange Tales #1-#100
Any Atlas collector appreciates the true scarcity of these '50s issues, particularly the highly sought after horror titles. Rick Starr's run of Strange Tales is over 75% complete and boasts many issues in the 8.0 to 9.2 range, incredibly tough to find, making this one of the nicest existing runs of Strange Tales in existence. If not the nicest!

A pint (or 4) is raised in your honor sir! :tink:

Wow, I just found out about this. Actually, I was not aware of such awards. Very cool. Is there a list of the winners somewhere on this site? Thanks, bc and others for keeping this thread alive!

1049928946_STRTALES1.thumb.jpg.a69092608bd345179b01fcb5f9a41572.jpg

Edited by RICK STARR

6 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

Wow, I just found out about this. Actually, I was not aware of such awards. Very cool. Is there a list of the winners somewhere on this site? Thanks, bc and others for keeping this thread alive!

List of the major winners on page 1 of that thread.

No problem keeping this thread alive - seeing some new blood posting in this thread is very encouraging :)

1 hour ago, bc said:

List of the major winners on page 1 of that thread.

No problem keeping this thread alive - seeing some new blood posting in this thread is very encouraging :)

I love that the applauding sheep are the selected picture :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/awards/WinningSets.aspx?AwardYearID=14&AwardTypeID=1