• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, southern cross said:

Think this might be the only raw book in better condition. Most of the pre hero TTA I pick up I'm looking for the cheaper good to very good range raw so I can happily read them without worrying about damaging them.

Screenshot_20190723-212556.thumb.png.e9ce69b35f92059f4a3db20c6e6dc5cf.png

:cloud9: Love to hear that people are still reading these great books.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:21 PM, bc said:

Thanks! Didn't know that.

OSPG 22 has a very extensive write-up on the history of the Atlas Implosion & PHM titles as well. This is the one that really got me addicted. I will caution that several of the charts showing what issue is produced by month do have errors. I created my own spreadsheet based on this data and had to correct it over time.

Image result for Overstreet Price Guide 22

Hey @KirbyJack - is there much difference between these two write-ups?

-bc

Hey @KirbyJack

Ever look into this ? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Edited by bc

On 7/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, Getoutandstayout said:

I read in a Facebook group that this book seemed to be stories of disgruntled artists/writers at Marvel taking pot-shots at Stan Lee and others. Kind of like a "here's the seamy underside Marvel doesn't want to you know" kind of thing. I hope it's not the case.

I haven’t read the book but Stan was their boss.   Every boss is going to have some ex employees that didn’t like him or that didn’t like being bossed around.   Now take that boss and make him incredibly famous and likely quite wealthy to boot.   The sour grapes factor only ramps up.   

The only reason there aren’t more books along those lines is because no one would find a tell all about the office machinations at Fifth Third Bank to be very interesting 

Edited by Bronty