• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,999 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Neurosis138 said:

Tales of Suspense 20 - A.jpg

Great colouring on that copy - purple, yellow, red, brown, grey, blue. And a nice full up image. Love it :)

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I was scrolling quick and though someone scribbled on the lovely thing.

They're ropes Jim. They're needed, because all mankind is doomed if Colossus rises...

Titter

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They're ropes Jim. They're needed, because all mankind is doomed if Colossus rises...

Titter

Fling us around like lilliputians.Always reminded me of gullivers travels that one

Just now, porcupine48 said:
3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Titter

Fling us around like lilliputians.Always reminded me of gullivers travels that one

dv.gif.df7572cf93a8d5ed1d889f6df318e86f.gif

11 minutes ago, bc said:

Greatly appreciated sir!

Ole Broccoli-head is one of my favorites.

I haven't read this one. What was he bargaining for out of interest BC, our midnight botanist? Big weeds seems the obvious answer from the clues in his speech bubble, but you'd imagine he'd be looking for the opposite really wouldn't you? Maybe he just liked weeds. 

10 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I haven't read this one. What was he bargaining for out of interest BC, our midnight botanist? Big weeds seems the obvious answer from the clues in his speech bubble, but you'd imagine he'd be looking for the opposite really wouldn't you? Maybe he just liked weeds. 

Pretty close !

It's one of those cool 2 part stories - first our midnight botanist develops a serum to make plants more intelligent. He travels to an uninhabited island but can't find the right plant so he injects that weed with the serum. Of course, weeds are evil so it wants him to help enslave humanity. In part 2 - during the chase around the island, the botanist finds a "good" plant and injects the rest of the serum into it. Of course, the good plant beats the bad plant. Good plant then warns botanist to leave plants be and helps him leave island. 

That issue also has Maaboo, who I think is related to Moomba.

You have lived too sheltered a life if you cannot see the applications of a serum that gives you more weed. That said, my top 5 favorite PHMs ( Plant-Hierarchy Menace ) are as follows;

1. Groot in TTA 13. How fun he was in Guardians only improves his status a little; I've always loved him.

2. The Plant Creature from ST 91 (The Sacrifice). One of my earliest reads!

3. The Green Thing from TOS 19, for all the reasons given by bc!

4. The Weed in ST 94. On title alone it edges out...

5. The Thing That Crawled By Night TOS 26.

Edited by KirbyJack

55 minutes ago, bc said:

Pretty close !

It's one of those cool 2 part stories - first our midnight botanist develops a serum to make plants more intelligent. He travels to an uninhabited island but can't find the right plant so he injects that weed with the serum. Of course, weeds are evil so it wants him to help enslave humanity. In part 2 - during the chase around the island, the botanist finds a "good" plant and injects the rest of the serum into it. Of course, the good plant beats the bad plant. Good plant then warns botanist to leave plants be and helps him leave island. 

That issue also has Maaboo, who I think is related to Moomba.

Good for Good Plant. Leave plants be. I've always said it. 

Didn't Maaboo marry Manoo? 

22 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

You have lived too sheltered a life if you cannot see the applications of a serum that gives you more weed.

Oh, weed. I thought he was injecting regular garden weeds. doh!

Heh heh, 'botanist'. Yeah, right. 

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They made a lovely couple. Goom was a pageboy as I recall. 

Ahem,I believe that  was Googam

No, you're thinking of the wedding of Klagg and Shagg Jim

27 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

You have lived too sheltered a life if you cannot see the applications of a serum that gives you more weed. That said, my top 5 favorite PHMs ( Plant-Hierarchy Menace ) are as follows;

1. Groot in TTA 13. How fun he was in Guardians only improves his status a little; I've always loved him.

2. The Plant Creature from ST 91 (The Sacrifice). One of my earliest reads!

3. The Green Thing from TOS 19, for all the reasons given by bc!

4. The Weed in ST 94. On title alone it edges out...

5. The Thing That Crawled By Night TOS 26.

Solid list ! Might have to switch 4 & 5...surprised no JIM issues featured a plant critter.

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They made a lovely couple. Goom was a pageboy as I recall. 

Ahem,I believe that  was Googam

No, you're thinking of the wedding of Klagg and Shagg Jim

It didn't last though. Klagg left Shagg for Spragg in the end.