• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bc said:

Think we may have Gor Killed this thread

Or Char-Grilled. And don't tell me he couldn't have been one. 

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Five that didn't make it:

1. Zob-Snagg
  2. Chigrorr
  3. Zabitty
  4. Shmegdilla
  5. Jubble-Tog

Zabitty Shmegdilla - think I dated her in junior high.

10 minutes ago, bc said:

No really. After a Jubble-Tog and a quick Zob-Snagg, I found out she gave me the Chigrorrs :p

Then you'll be pleased to learn of the sixth one that didn't make it:

6. Enda-Japsalve

I learned something this morning I thought I would share with this esteemed group. While scanning a group of Millie the Model for a sales thread I happened to notice the lead story in #107 that might appeal to the denizens of this thread. Overstreet lists it as a Jack Kirby appearance in story, but it is so much better than that.

Millie107.jpg

25 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Millie107-4.jpg

Millie107-5.jpg

Millie107-6.jpg

That's really cool m ! I jokingly posted years ago about a Millie tie-in to PHMs but can't find it now :(

Wonder if that's the book BAF was thinking of when he posted this in the first appearance of the Hulk thread....

On 7/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, *Bronze age fan* said:

What’s up bro? 

‘I checked a few chick comics around the Hulk 1, Millie 106 108, Linda Carter Student Nurse 5, Kathy 16, no luck in any of those. I really thought it was the Millie 106, that had a cool cross over story where Millie meet Stan and Jack, and her on the cover of an issue of Strange Tales in the story. But I was wrong. I gotta put this stuff in order one day. Looking for comics breaks me, can only do it in short bursts. Haha But I am still looking for it. 

1 minute ago, bc said:

That's really cool m ! I jokingly posted years ago about a Millie tie-in to PHMs but can't find it now :(

Wonder if that's the book BAF was thinking of when he posted this in the first appearance of the Hulk thread....

Yeah, with those issues quoted I would imagine that this has to be the book that @*Bronze age fan* was looking for!

5 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Yeah, with those issues quoted I would imagine that this has to be the book that @*Bronze age fan* was looking for!

No, that was not it. I knew about that issue having them in it. We were talking about a sign that referenced the Hulk was coming prior to his first appearance. 

4 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

No, that was not it. I knew about that issue having them in it. We were talking about a sign that referenced the Hulk was coming prior to his first appearance. 

Well, we tried.

Can't believe that I actually remembered (and found) that post to reference.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, bc said:

Well, we tried.

Can't believe that I actually remembered (and found) that post to reference.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:43 AM, *Bronze age fan* said:

I know what you're talking about. A lot of people confuse that with the pictures of the Hulk on the wall in Tales of Suspense 33, but that came out in Sept 1962, whereas Hulk 1 was May 1962. 

Let me dig around and see if I can find what you're talking about. It was a billboard in the background of one of the stories. 

That Millie 107 is awesome though!