• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,997 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sharkey said:

I know what you're talking about. A lot of people confuse that with the pictures of the Hulk on the wall in Tales of Suspense 33, but that came out in Sept 1962, whereas Hulk 1 was May 1962. 

Let me dig around and see if I can find what you're talking about. It was a billboard in the background of one of the stories. 

That Millie 107 is awesome though! 

Yep. Good luck finding it. I looked in a ton of comics. If you have an idea of what issue this happened in let me know. My collection is in very good order. And I have all of the comics it might have been in, unless I have it graded. 👍🏻

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

:banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:

It's my birthday & my 15 year anniversary here on the boards !

Hard to believe that's 28% of my life :ohnoez:

Hide the children - may have to post a few non-inclusive picks today :)

Let's start off with the one that started the PHM era - no big monster in Kirby pants, but it has everything else:

sw_1.jpg.7463fe4f33e27caa545e4d71f504925b.jpg

2 minutes ago, bc said:

One of my favorite covers of this series - is it me or does Monsteroso have 3 fingers on his left hand and only 2 on the right hand?

aa_5.jpg.14000a016d129aac8b15ec10a61505bf.jpg

"Look! He's climbing higher and higher!"

"He's trying to destroy the United Nations building!"

"Nothing can stop Monsteroso! We're all doomed!"

"Hey, hang on. He's missing a finger on his right hand"

"Oh yeah. So he is"

"That must mean he's fallible, surely?"

"Makes sense to me"

"He might have lost it in a shipping accident Dave?"

"He might, he might not Barney. God dammit, he's not that frightening after all is he, Mr 'I've got a missing finger'"

"Get him!"