• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

You guys still haven't talked me into culling down the herd.I'm not ready to let go!

I donated two longs of readers to the hospital library though,I could likely trim a bit more drek.Pretty sure there was some Eternals in there,tbh.Doubles,and I'm hoping someone enjoyed reading them

Edited by porcupine48
I fixeded sumthin

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

You guys still javen't talked me into culling down the heard.I'm not ready to let go!

I donated two longs of readers to the hospital library though,I could likely trim a bit more drek.Pretty sure there was some Eternals in there,tbh.Doubles,and I'm hoping someone enjoyed reading them

Don't do it til you're ready. I've always had occasional little sell offs, and there have been 3 major purges. I miss some books, but I've had no big regrets. 

13 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

You guys still javen't talked me into culling down the heard.I'm not ready to let go!

Congrats for doing that! Thats some good karma points there :)

19 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This one just showed up at the house today!

1791937252_TalestoAstonish12CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.b953819395bb91a17c5422d6b1b125f1.jpg

So I just got a brand new laptop (to replace my 8 year old brick) with some fancy graphics & display. This is the first comic pic I've seen with it :)

Looks absolutely lovely! Great pickup man!

(The laptop has a touchscreen display. That was fun for abut 5 minutes before my shoulders started to feel it. Don't know how those Star Trek people did it for a several hour shift.)

59 minutes ago, bc said:

So I just got a brand new laptop (to replace my 8 year old brick) with some fancy graphics & display. This is the first comic pic I've seen with it :)

Looks absolutely lovely! Great pickup man!

(The laptop has a touchscreen display. That was fun for abut 5 minutes before my shoulders started to feel it. Don't know how those Star Trek people did it for a several hour shift.)

Thanks for the kind words!  7.0 has been my PHM sweet spot, and I've happy to have found some that present really well.

I found the touch screen too much hassle, and I disabled it -- but every once in a while a Windows update magically turns it back on.  :censored:

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks for the kind words!  7.0 has been my PHM sweet spot, and I've happy to have found some that present really well.

I found the touch screen too much hassle, and I disabled it -- but every once in a while a Windows update magically turns it back on.  :censored:

For some of these books, even finding a 7.0 is tough!

and thanks for the warning about windows updates.

18 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Just grabbed another issue of The Magazine That Respects Your Intelligence.  Love this Ditko cover!

130161896_AmazingAdultFantasy10CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.b8515fa09d73da6f57a014947728ca05.jpg

... as immortalised by Barnes and Barnes :)

lp10.thumb.jpg.7b2a30a834dc5c75b5e27c4f8c78f02d.jpg  lp11.thumb.jpg.b2af4f3b6731d7a726503c273d7c7344.jpg

On 9/18/2019 at 9:54 AM, mysterio said:

*Shameless plug alert*

I've started a sales thread to help pay off some of my overspending of late, including some pre-hero undercopies. If interested, you may find that thread here.

Any lurkers out there who are unsure..... this gentleman is an EXCELLANT grader of raw books..... Highly recommended. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I was in a bookstore a couple of weeks ago, and came across a little kids book from Marvel -- it was full of short, bone-simple origin stories for each of the major Marvel heroes, only very loosely based on the actual comics.  The one for Thor was an extremely simplified telling of Thor having to prove his worthiness.  (It's for very little kids, so they didn't go near the word "Mjolnir" -- they just called it "Thor's mighty hammer.")

Anyway, check out one of the things Thor does in this story to prove himself.  Thor vs. Fin Fang Foom:

IMG_0261.thumb.JPG.2e44a7f5a0f009ab43fe330c18807d10.JPG

Edited by Sweet Lou 14