• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

A few nice Strange Tales closed on Heritage last night. I got the #40 6.0 as an upgrade (IMO one of the toughest books in the run) and the #46 6.5. Pics when I’m home. Anyone else get any?

I got one!  This is now the oldest book I own in the run.  I have three books that are older (Black Knight #1 and #5, and JIM #17) as well as JIM #30 which is from the same month.

1914001356_StrangeTales42CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.1ec13412957a0cb0f9cc1df29f9912b0.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I got one!  This is now the oldest book I own in the run.  I have three books that are older (Black Knight #1 and #5, and JIM #17) as well as JIM #30 which is from the same month.

1914001356_StrangeTales42CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.1ec13412957a0cb0f9cc1df29f9912b0.jpg

that book has really nice color and presents very well.

4 hours ago, Commissioner Gordon said:

Is that a misprint, or were there more copies that didn't include the price?

It's interesting in that I have seen at least three different versions: Two versions with 10c price but with different font and then a few with no price. The no price copies are by far the rarest of the three.

15 minutes ago, DR.X said:

that looks a lot better than a 5.5

The cover is very nice, but the back cover has a small corner piece missing (which is very hard to see as it blends in well with the last page). My favorite purchase, looks nice but is cheaper.

Edited by Mucheee1