• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I love it!!!!! Send it …. send it right away!!!!!   :headbang:

Thanks!

I'll wait for some more feedback and have a few beers and sleep on it...tomorrow is fine. Think the Registry is currently locked anyway due to the awards period in progress.

Edited by bc
fix the Thnaks!

15 minutes ago, bc said:

Thanks!

I'll wait for some more feedback and have a few beers and sleep on it...tomorrow is fine. Think the Registry is currently locked anyway due to the awards period in progress.

Looks great.  Thanks for putting it together.  I don’t have many that are graded because my copies aren’t in that great of shape.  My set will consist of 3 issues of TTA.  😢 I think people should get a million points for copies that are in 9.2 or better.

45 minutes ago, bc said:

Thanks!

Yeah get the request sent.

Its been a long time since I added anything to the registry, every year I get a few certs in the post and think, okay need to get up to date but I never do :( 

5 hours ago, bc said:

Thanks!

Go for it!

5 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Yeah get the request sent.

Its been a long time since I added anything to the registry, every year I get a few certs in the post and think, okay need to get up to date but I never do :( 

Hey you.fart.jpg.eceb5ab47f5c67c584e46c7ec13c92ed.jpg

13 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

:hi: hey bro

My BR amigo!:banana: If you're posting regular,well,I'll pull up a chair!

Don't think there are any phm in the four boxes I'm working on right now but I'm here to cheer and ooh and ahh gang!

I will not be wearing pants.

When I was a kid I was fascinated by seeing “Dr Strange Prototype” or “Prof X prototype” etc in the price guide.  Later when I was an adult and could track down and afford the issues and read them, I found the experience somewhat anticlimactic.  Tales To Astonish #21 is NOT a Hulk prototype in my opinion.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, bc said:

Wouldn't disagree there.

The word "prototype" is used a lot in the PHM era (a little too much for me). I think of it more as an evolutionary step as Stan, Jack & Steve were beginning to formulate the successful characteristics that would spawn the upcoming superhero explosion. You could say that many of the PHM monsters were Hulk prototypes (big muscular monster smash puny humans!). We had several lumpy orange monsters before the Thing arrived in FF1. Plenty of dudes in weird headgear and masks, are they all Iron Man or Dr. Doom prototypes or just good early ideas whose potential was fully realized later on?

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000
Forgot something