• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,010 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

There’s a CGC member named zzutak who just won the 2020 Registry Award for the best Golden Age set with his Venus collection.  He’s got great scans of them.  I recommend checking them out if you haven’t already.

Strange Tales #088.jpg

ZZutak was one of the early posters in this thread as well.

-bc

4 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I love your competitive sets bc.  It’s too bad we can’t see the obscured ones ahead of you.

Thanks!

I can see some people's desire to keep their collection private (for possible security reasons) and just use the Registry for insurance documentation and such. But yeah, some of those obscured sets would be a treat to check out!

-bc

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

There’s a CGC member named zzutak who just won the 2020 Registry Award for the best Golden Age set with his Venus collection.  He’s got great scans of them.  I recommend checking them out if you haven’t already.

Strange Tales #088.jpg

I shall post my copy in his honor (sorry it's low grade, but it's all I have).

Strange Tales 88 raw.jpg

1 hour ago, bc said:

wof_6.jpg.0619a1997eddb7d51254ba77f2b067b2.jpg

My favorite thing about this cover is that usually, some very normal person from suburbia would be in the shot, reacting to (or unknowingly threatened by) the thing coming out of the swamp.  But not this time.  Whoever that is in the foreground, he's a complete circus freak himself.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

56 minutes ago, bc said:

:headbang: We made it to 500 pages :headbang:

Thanks all! 

Never understood why that title didn't get more respect with all the Everett & Maneely goodness.

Actually have another pretty nice raw copy of #5

wof_5_cropped.jpg.9d67b7436c71e26a39fc51815a0e3fac.jpg

-bc

I've always liked this title a lot!!! I don't have many though .... and the ones I have are all raw. 

World of Fantasy 9 front.jpg