• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bc said:

TOS #23. 1st story "I Entered the Dimension of Doom!", but not a cover worthy monster.

more info here:

https://spiderbobcomics.com/gods_monsters/marvel/Hypno-Creature.php

and here

https://www.comics.org/issue/16561/

Let me know if you want me to scan it in!

-bc

Thanks but I’ve got a copy. I couldn’t remember the hypno-critter story in it.  You’ve got a better memory than me.  He’s kind of cute for a gigantic engine of destruction.

15A731EA-3D94-4BC0-827A-9EB4687D827F.png

14 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Bidding was intense on this one!

4811468_TalesofSuspense5CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.af3b27b81cde4ab011d9acf3765c8f7b.jpg

I imagine it was! Congrats, that’s a great book! I’m quite content with my 6.0 I bought raw and had graded, picked up at the first show I’d been to in over a decade (grad school and collecting don’t often mix).

Anyone get any of those nice Strange Tales on Comic Connect last night? I put in bids I was only slightly uncomfortable with and managed to go 0-7. Figured I’d get at least one but o.O.

4 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

Since today marks the 60th anniversary of Strange Tales #80's on-sale date, here is my low-grade copy I bought from an eBay seller in 2015 for $19.99 shipped:

5a9b88a103748_StrangeTales80.thumb.jpg.e13a29c7c6ddbdc43e8002f431b1b125.jpg

One of my favorite covers in the run. Also the first with this style for the title. :cloud9:

11 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Did CGC ever get around to making the competitive set for the Marvel sci-fi/fantasy books that bc requested?  I’m curious as to which one of you would come out on top.

I haven't seen any movement on our JIM 50-82 set request. Actually haven't seen any new sets created since the awards went out in July. If nothing happens soon, I'll give it a bump.

-bc