• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,976 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

How many PHMs even exist in 9.8?  This is the kind of book that isn't just rare (unique?) as compared to other copies of the same issue, it's also incredibly rare as compared to the entire class of books to which it belongs.

I totally agree with your statement about the extreme rarity of these high grade examples - they just don't seem to exist. Most of the PHM issues don't even have a 9.4 example (hell, some don't even have a 9.0 copy).

The only other PHM with a 9.8 example, I think is TTA 30.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised since yesterdays HA auction saw several mid-60's DC issues in 9.8 (from the Alfred Pennyworth collection) also make it to 5 figures.

-bc

14 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

I was shocked by the FF 66 in 9.8 going for over $20k and ST 150 in 9.8 going for $9.6k. I have to think that those issues aren’t as scarce in high grade. I would rather have the TOS 37, which I know is harder to find in high grade.

Same here since FF 66 has 6 copies in 9.8 while ST 150 has only 3. But that seemed to be a theme in that auction.

Bet the owners of some of those may be tempted to bring them to market soon !

-bc

12 minutes ago, bc said:

Same here since FF 66 has 6 copies in 9.8 while ST 150 has only 3. But that seemed to be a theme in that auction.

Bet the owners of some of those may be tempted to bring them to market soon !

-bc

Just think of how many issues of those books in high grade are sitting in boxes unslabbed because they weren’t considered valuable enough to slab.

2 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Just think of how many issues of those books in high grade are sitting in boxes unslabbed because they weren’t considered valuable enough to slab.

and the many 9.6 owners who may be ready to play the CPR game in hopes of the big payout.

-bc

11 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Done! Now be honest bc .... is it too obnoxious? 

Hmmm, it does fill the entire screen on my laptop display with cool books :)

The OCD in me has to point out that your TOS37 is in the wrong order.

I see some people with rotating sig lines where several rows of books transition in every few seconds. I may look into how to do that as I'm tired of mine - if I figure it out, I'll let you know (or vice versa).

Let your freak flag fly!

-bc

8 hours ago, bc said:

Hmmm, it does fill the entire screen on my laptop display with cool books :)

The OCD in me has to point out that your TOS37 is in the wrong order.

I see some people with rotating sig lines where several rows of books transition in every few seconds. I may look into how to do that as I'm tired of mine - if I figure it out, I'll let you know (or vice versa).

Let your freak flag fly!

-bc

Ok, I fixed it! It's weird, 'cause they were uploaded in order but that pesky #37 level jumped on me!  lol 

:headbang:   :news:  :headbang:

Last July, we submitted a request to create a new Competitive Registry Set for Journey into Mystery #50-#82 (the PHM years).

Must of missed the notice while I was sick, but it was created on 11/20/2020 !

image.png.dc2318fc901fcdeb634f9d5d2fe84b38.png

Special thanks to @Jasonmorris1000000 for the idea! Thanks to all for your comments to help refine the issue #'s and support the request!

Congrats to @Frisco Larson for breaking it in for us! 

Add 'em if ya got 'em!

-bc

EDIT: Once you create your new set, you can use the "Auto Build" button to pull books from other sets. Just tried, it pulls the cert# and the descriptions. Very easy to do!

Edited by bc

53 minutes ago, bc said:

:headbang:   :news:  :headbang:

Last July, we submitted a request to create a new Competitive Registry Set for Journey into Mystery #50-#82 (the PHM years).

Must of missed the notice while I was sick, but it was created on 11/20/2020 !

image.png.dc2318fc901fcdeb634f9d5d2fe84b38.png

Special thanks to @Jasonmorris1000000 for the idea! Thanks to all for your comments to help refine the issue #'s and support the request!

Congrats to @Frisco Larson for breaking it in for us! 

Add 'em if ya got 'em!

-bc

EDIT: Once you create your new set, you can use the "Auto Build" button to pull books from other sets. Just tried, it pulls the cert# and the descriptions. Very easy to do!

Not sure why, but I can't see it.

image.thumb.png.d987bcebee712ec8801f7cece9ec2eec.png

10 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not sure why, but I can't see it.

image.thumb.png.d987bcebee712ec8801f7cece9ec2eec.png

For me, it was near the top of the list (out of order)...it is 5th from the top.

image.png.9b97f042cf1e3d418f132bbbb46f3c1c.png

-bc

Edited by bc