• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I still need seven books to finish the run, plus a couple of 6.0s I'd like to bump up to 7.0s.  Getting there little by little ...

:headbang:

I'm at 7 as well for my TOS slabbed run...lucky to find one a year.

Need like 13 for the TTA slabbed run and 3 for AAF.

Almost given up on ST & JIM as the prices have gone crazy. Probably have to lower my grade expectations to even make a dent in those.

Always on the lookout for more World of Fantasy (my guilty pleasure run :devil: )

Keep up the hunt!

-bc

3 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I have a few 1.5's I'd like to upgrade to 1.8's  

I got some of them too. Too lazy to look in the Vault, but someone used a spray lacquer on the cover of one of my ST books - it's as hard as a board. If it wasn't $10 (and I needed it at the time), I wouldn't have bought it. 

I'll try and dig it out the next time I'm up there.....

-bc

51 minutes ago, bc said:

^^

Nice pedigree to boot! All the Strange Tales 70-79 are so tough in above average grades. I looked on Heritage and I don't think they've ever sold a graded copy of 71 above 2.0 back in 2003.

-bc

I remember buying this copy off eBay around 2001-2002, it was cheap by today’s standards. 

9 hours ago, SLR5 said:

Pretty crappy covers.  For kids only.

Thank you so much for that valuable contribution to this thread!

Your insightful commentary truly demonstrates your deep understanding of the historical importance of this period in the Atlas to Marvel transition.

We are all more knowledgeable after your enlightened post - keep up the great work!

-bc