• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,999 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

0.5  Strange tales 110 just sold for  $1050.  That's certainly something.  

I read this this morning, freaked out, called my parents for an emergency loan, and then bought a copy.  Whew.  My parents are now the majority owners in a Universal 5.5 with Off White pages.  That was incredibly nice of them.  My Dad probably wishes it was an Uncle Scrooge comic by Barks though.

6 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I read this this morning, freaked out, called my parents for an emergency loan, and then bought a copy.  Whew.  My parents are now the majority owners in a Universal 5.5 with Off White pages.  That was incredibly nice of them.  My Dad probably wishes it was an Uncle Scrooge comic by Barks though.

FOMO, meet Reverse Mortgage.

18 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Wow, well done. We truly live in an age of wonder when you can locate and purchase a comic this fast. I remember the days of waiting for the weekly CBG and hoping that the book you wanted was available.

11 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Wow, well done. We truly live in an age of wonder when you can locate and purchase a comic this fast. I remember the days of waiting for the weekly CBG and hoping that the book you wanted was available.

I got in from Cloud9 comics.  They're in Portland if I remember correctly.  The copy looks really nice to me from the photos and was around, $4500 which seems reasonable to me in today's climate.  I'm going to be selling a lot of Venom, Spider-Man, and Punisher stuff soon in order to offset the cost.  I'm keeping all my Pre Hero Marvels though!!!  I don't care if they're kinda goofy.  I love them.

4 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I got in from Cloud9 comics.  They're in Portland if I remember correctly.  The copy looks really nice to me from the photos and was around, $4500 which seems reasonable to me in today's climate.  I'm going to be selling a lot of Venom, Spider-Man, and Punisher stuff soon in order to offset the cost.  I'm keeping all my Pre Hero Marvels though!!!  I don't care if they're kinda goofy.  I love them.

they ain't goofy, they are groovy.

2 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

:headbang: Congrats on completing your Strange Tales run !!!! :headbang:

And no electro-shock therapy required :)

-bc

8 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

There were also long periods away from collecting as well. I enjoy the hunt though ...

The internet has been making the hunt a lot easier as you were saying earlier.  I used to plan weekend trips where I'd drive to neighboring towns and go to all their comic book stores in order to work on holes in my collection.  Now I just sit on my fat rear and have the computer do all the work for me.  It sure will be fun to go to a convention again.  I used to go to WonderCon in SF every year until they moved it to Anaheim.  Back when it was in the Bay Area they used to have a ton of back issues available.  Is it still primarily about comics now that it's moved South?  I don't really care about the movie, pop culture, and video games that much.

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Internet schminternet  lol  ... I recently purchased this at a local shop and am so happy to have found it!!! :banana:

Tos 1.jpg

WOW - great pickup!

My local LCS's never have cool stuff like that, can't wait until conventions come back.

-bc

3 minutes ago, bc said:

WOW - great pickup!

My local LCS's never have cool stuff like that, can't wait until conventions come back.

-bc

Thanks bc! This particular 2 store chain are VERY active buyers, so swinging in every month or so usually produces a few goodies for the box! They also have my cell number for Golden Age and bigger ticket Silver, which HAS yielded me a few Marvel Keys and such. This book, for example,  I wasn't called about.