• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2021 at 1:17 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

He looks cool.  It's too bad that Xemnu is a build-a-figure though and you can't just buy him outright.  My Fin Fang Foom is a B-A-F too and I had to spend money on all these toys I didn't want in order to get Foom body parts.

The BAF aspect does add a wrinkle to acquiring the figure, but if it weren't a BAF the size would likely be a lot less impressive. I bought my Fin Fang Foom off eBay already assembled to avoid the hassle of the individual toys, may do the same with Xemnu.

12 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Got one more step closer on the JIM run last night on Comiclink. I haven't seen a copy of this book above about a 5.0/5.5, and I really like 6.0 for the run so I had held out. Wasn't expecting to go all the way up to an 8.0 (old label, no less) but I am not complaining.

JIM21CGCsm.jpg

(thumbsu

Congrats man ! Colors and centering look fantastic on that copy!

Go man go!

-bc

37 minutes ago, bc said:

(thumbsu

Congrats man ! Colors and centering look fantastic on that copy!

Go man go!

-bc

Thanks! I thought it was gorgeous when I saw it in the auction preview but wasn't sure I would be in the running at the end. Got blown out on that 8.5 #22 that was next to it (now that was a pretty book!). It was not cheap, but I think overall it was a good value all the same.

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Got one more step closer on the JIM run last night on Comiclink. I haven't seen a copy of this book above about a 5.0/5.5, and I really like 6.0 for the run so I had held out. Wasn't expecting to go all the way up to an 8.0 (old label, no less) but I am not complaining.

JIM21CGCsm.jpg

Nicely done!!! I considered it, but didn't end up bidding. Great score!! 

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

JIM21CGCsm.jpg

Heck, I can’t remember ever seeing a copy for sale, period. Nice grab.

1 hour ago, bc said:

Another hard to find issue of ST !

Highest grade in the Census is a single 8.0 (with only 32 total) - unbelievably there is a 7.5 for sale on ebay right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-74-CGC-7-5-1960-Very-Hard-to-Find-2nd-Highest-Graded/233582327919?hash=item366297786f:g:ZCsAAOSwEY1dxwds

Picked my copy up 5 years ago in a CLink auction

st_74.jpg.874b4e7884af6b3061ec01754721786e.jpg

-bc

Yours has better page quality.  Nice

25 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just checked the census and the competitive sets for #75 and it looks like a lot of people need it.  CGC considers it the last Atlas issue in the census 

A8CE46DD-4654-46B9-A76C-EF33EAF5F086.png

That's one book still on my want list!

Edited by Frisco Larson

12 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Yeah, it's one I'd been considering grabbing and had seen how difficult it is in grade. I'll tell ya, there's a 6.0 sitting on eBay for about a third the price I paid for this one, but the colors are washed out or I would've certainly bought that from a financial standpoint. Still a great book though, if the faded colors don't bother you. 

If the 9.0 comes up for sale, you and bc could do a Mad Max style thunderdome  cage fight to see who gets it.  Hahhahhaaa