• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Another issue with thread-friendly content that has a pretty much straight up monster cover. I mean, mostly .... because my copy lost some of its cover over time. It was cheap though, so I gave it a home. 

Tales to Astonish 44 raw.jpg

Mine’s not much better and it still wasn’t cheap.  Janet has probably appeared in more Avengers comics than Hank I would imagine 

01E78DB6-79B4-48AA-8349-7C50AA8C0819.png

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Fantastic work @bc!!!! I had a feeling you'd have lots of insight on the subject, but I refrained from putting you on the spot by directing it straight to you. I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I'm wondering if the reprinting of these stories has been documented anywhere? I don't have the Marvel Masterworks covering the specific issues in question, although I DO have the first Spider-Man volume and it only reprints the Spider-Man story from AF 15, not the Bell Ringer and the other story. Some of these issues were reprinted in single issue form called Marvel Milestone Editions. I have a copy of the TOS 39 and it DOES reprint the entire original issue, so The Last Rocket and GUNDAR are in there. That's great for the big keys, but I'd be pretty sure that any random JIM or ST issue wouldn't have been reprinted. 

Like the 2 page text stories, I've never seen some of the PHM stories reprinted from the early superhero issues.

-bc

28 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Another issue with thread-friendly content that has a pretty much straight up monster cover. I mean, mostly .... because my copy lost some of its cover over time. It was cheap though, so I gave it a home. 

Tales to Astonish 44 raw.jpg

Can you post a pic of the splash for the PHM content please?

-bc

Always like to see the early SA books, but can we post a pic of the PHM splash? I'd like to see if we can get all of them from my list!

Understand if its slabbed.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's the list again (updated 2/27/21  2:19pm EST):

Amazing Fantasy 15
Strange Tales 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113
Journey into Mystery 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104
Tales of Suspense 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
Tales to Astonish 35, 36, 37 (got Star Raiders, need Afraid to Dream), 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 (got No Ending, need Secret of Sagattus), 51, 54

-bc

Edited by bc

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

I was able to grab a book out of C-link last night, so down the rabbit hole I go, as I wasn't planning on building this run until I either finished a few other runs or exhausted all opportunities to fill holes on my want list. I haven't owned a copy of this since the mid 90's. Hello darkness my old friend .....  :ohnoez:

Amazing Adventures 6 7.5 c-ow.jpg

Nice pickup and like the expanded sig line!

-bc