• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2021 at 9:04 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Haha thanks for holding back!

The census count for WOF is really low so I generally grab them at any grade I can.  Would love to stay consistent with my 7.0 benchmark but I'm not even sure a 7.0 exists for every one of the 19 issues.

In general I am now buying 6.0 for any PHM book not yet in the collection, to complete the runs -- and I will happily go to 5.0 for a book as old as JIM #2.

I'm getting the same way with my JIM quest. 7.5 is my preferred grade, 6.0 tends to be the level I aim for, and I've gotten to where I will buy 5.0 slabs to make sure I have a copy when one comes up for a decent price. I'm to the point where the books I need are still needed because they're like hen's teeth in any sort of grade.

Any of the WO books aren't super high on my want list. That #1 was the first one I had seen above 6.0, and when I have seen others in Clink auctions at 6.0 or above I have usually put in bids. I haven't won any yet, but at least none have gone for a price where I would've gone doh! for not having bid something.

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I'm getting the same way with my JIM quest. 7.5 is my preferred grade, 6.0 tends to be the level I aim for, and I've gotten to where I will buy 5.0 slabs to make sure I have a copy when one comes up for a decent price. I'm to the point where the books I need are still needed because they're like hen's teeth in any sort of grade.

Any of the WO books aren't super high on my want list. That #1 was the first one I had seen above 6.0, and when I have seen others in Clink auctions at 6.0 or above I have usually put in bids. I haven't won any yet, but at least none have gone for a price where I would've gone doh! for not having bid something.

Feeling the same way with some of the ST PHM books. And yes, any WOF above 6.0 is really rare - just aren't many being slabbed or brought to market.

Love how the gang in all the "SA key" threads talk about their scarcity :roflmao:

-bc

41 minutes ago, bc said:

Feeling the same way with some of the ST PHM books. And yes, any WOF above 6.0 is really rare - just aren't many being slabbed or brought to market.

Love how the gang in all the "SA key" threads talk about their scarcity :roflmao:

-bc

Oh wait until you see the people who say Bronze Age Marvels are scarce!