• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

Surprised you don't have one! I'm a big fan of that issue myself; it has stories that weren't reprinted multiple times. Plus I have a lot of nostalgia for it since it was one of my earliest pre-heros, brought home by my dad from a house he was renovating. He found a stack of books in the basement and brought back a Tec, a Blackhawk and the ST. I've have a better copy now, but here's the original:

strangetales91.jpg

Unfortunately when he went back to work on it somebody had taken the rest of the stack.

The Strange Tales #88 is another great issue. Kirby monster stories inked by Ditko are the bomb.

Two spectacular pick ups, Rich. I bidded on the ST 85, also. Seems you wanted it more than me. Just a beautiful copy.

Here is what I did get from Comics4less. Finally, got a chance to scan them.

photo JIM 78_zpshs3mx3nu.jpg

photo STR TALES 96_zpsjtcufult.jpg

Nice pickups and the cover on the ST is compelling when you have an attractive copy like that one! :applause:

Thank you, sir!! (thumbs u:D Certain giant monsters are cooler than others!!

"Jagger Lips" Gigantus is high on the list of cool ones. (thumbs u

:roflmao::applause: He's just about to say: "Please allow me to introduce myself"!!

BTW, Gigantus came first, so Jagger really has Gigantus lips!! Just sayin'!

Two spectacular pick ups, Rich. I bidded on the ST 85, also. Seems you wanted it more than me. Just a beautiful copy.

Here is what I did get from Comics4less. Finally, got a chance to scan them.

photo JIM 78_zpshs3mx3nu.jpg

photo STR TALES 96_zpsjtcufult.jpg

Great books, John!! That JIM#78 is a favorite of mine with the proto asgardians in the mist!!

Edited by Korvac Saga

Such a tough, tough book to find in grade..... congrats to whomever just snagged the Amazing Adventures 3 on Clink..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thank you jimbo! Been waiting for tonight since I first saw it hit the listing a few months ago.

AA_3_zpst8mgxdkl.jpg

Once I get it, I'll post a group shot of the AA 1-6 mini-run in 8.0+.

-bc

ps-bought a lot of comics in auctions but the adrenaline is still pumping after this one.