• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

You called it - that bright red cover on #8 is notorious for showing everything. The other covers have more background action compared to it which can hide minor imperfections.

Hmmm, I can't think of another PHM which has that much red on the cover....off to the GCD for me... hm

-bc

Did someone say "red?"

AmazAdult8.jpg

tr7toVa.gif

That was pretty much my reaction to.

:cloud9: That might be the nicest copy I've ever seen !

-bc

This is one of my favorite covers/color combos of all time! The yellow on Ted just screams! Can't imagine seeing this on the rack for the first time... :headbang:

You called it - that bright red cover on #8 is notorious for showing everything. The other covers have more background action compared to it which can hide minor imperfections.

Hmmm, I can't think of another PHM which has that much red on the cover....off to the GCD for me... hm

-bc

Did someone say "red?"

AmazAdult8.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11171-1390414625-5.gif

Finished off Strange Worlds - picked up the 4 & 5 at the All-Americon in Warren, OH today.

Yes there are two #3's - one is from KirbyJack and the other from jimjum12. Thanks guys for helping complete another set !

strange_worlds_set_zpsbw5mzbjj.jpg

-bc

Was checking on a few books listed in Ebay today, and was surprised to find several copies of Tales to Astonish #23 (Moomba) up for sale, one of them is even from an international seller.

In my experience over the last few years it's rare to see more than 2 or 3 of these book's listed at one time, but today's search turned up 8 copies. The highest graded is a GCG 7.5 listed for $599.99, scrolling down there are a couple of VG copies listed for just under $100.

Ebay listings:

There is also a very nice looking CGC 8.0 Tales to Astonish #34 listed for $799.

Edited by frozentundraguy

Was checking on a few books listed in Ebay today, and was surprised to find several copies of Tales to Astonish #23 (Moomba) up for sale, one of them is even from an international seller.

In my experience over the last few years it's rare to see more than 2 or 3 of these book's listed at one time, but today's search turned up 8 copies. The highest graded is a GCG 5.5 listed for $599.99, scrolling down there are a couple of VG copies listed for just under $100.

Ebay listings:

There is also a very nice looking CGC 8.0 Tales to Astonish #34 listed for $799.

Yes chez/chay(?) has some sweet books on the bay now.

Someone say Moomba?

TTA_23_zpsbcjps1zd.jpg

This is another book that is numbered on the inside cover (you can see it in the Code stamp). Also got an Amazing Adventures that shows the same numbering. Anyone know anything about this collection?

-bc

Edited by bc

Great copy.

Thank you very much! I love these Kirby covers with monster-pants & panicky people.

-bc

Same here & people being chased by cavemen and dinosaurs are pretty cool too. :cloud9:

Thanks for positing your copy of TTA #23. That book in HG is just amazing!

Thanks ! Here's a better pic of the full cover:

TTA_23_FULL_zpseutqd3om.jpg

-bc