• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,010 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bc said:

Real sweet books man!

All in 2 days ? I'd be leaving a six pack for the mail person :)

-bc

lol  Yep, a couple of eBay wins and a board transaction. Pre-heros don't normally come in groups like this, but I am not complaining.

My mailman had to deal with GOOM :

[edit - first attempt at posting failed}

tos_15_cropped_zpsf5f7sqk1.jpg

Thank you Bronty !

-bc

Edited by bc

Since the vast majority of my meager post count has happened in this thread, I feel like I should let you know that I’ve been cheating on you…

Wait, don’t throw that, let me explain…no it wasn’t with your sister…

Yeah, I was drunk - me, Billy & Jeff had a great night out and I must have come home and logged into eBay. I have no memory of it, but I bought a Marvel Mystery Comics 28 in CGC 6.0. Didn’t know it for 2 days until I logged into my email account and saw the invoice. Once I saw the time of the purchase, I put 2 and 2 together and realized it was a classic drunken purchase.

Yes, I could have sent it back with some lame excuse about you not letting me buy it, but once I got it, I sorta  liked it. It was almost like a PHM cover on steroids-so many colors and actions compared to the fairly minimalist art of the PHM era.

No, you’re not fat…

I hid it in the back of the short box for a while hoping you wouldn’t see it. When you went out, I would glance at the Timely auctions on Clink or CC. Then erase my browser history…

Every now and then, when there was no PHM book I wanted in the auction, I bought a Timely, Schomburg, Human Torch on the cover book (preferably a pre-WWII book)…

You didn’t see them ‘cause I shipped them to the office….

No, I didn’t have anything else shipped to the office and you’re sister wasn’t involved….

Well, the affair has been going on for the last 3 years…

Wait, don’t throw that either….

Anyway, in the last big Clink auction I picked up the Human Torch Comics #2/#1 to complete my mini-run :

Wait , what?? You want a divorce????? Think about little Googam and Titano….

Yes, I sought help in the GA forums and they enrolled me in their 12 step program. With some further counseling, I think I can control this…

No, your sister isn’t on the GA forums either….

I’m sorry, I know you deserve better – just can’t go on like this anymore.

I know, it’s the couch for me tonight….

-bc

Edited by bc
@#$% picture posting

On March 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM, bc said:

My mailman had to deal with GOOM :

tos_15_cropped_zpsf5f7sqk1.jpg

Thank you Bronty !

-bc

Stunning book, white pages........whaaaaaaaaaaat!

On 3/16/2017 at 5:37 PM, bc said:

Since the vast majority of my meager post count has happened in this thread, I feel like I should let you know that I’ve been cheating on you…

Wait, don’t throw that, let me explain…no it wasn’t with your sister…

Yeah, I was drunk - me, Billy & Jeff had a great night out and I must have come home and logged into eBay. I have no memory of it, but I bought a Marvel Mystery Comics 28 in CGC 6.0. Didn’t know it for 2 days until I logged into my email account and saw the invoice. Once I saw the time of the purchase, I put 2 and 2 together and realized it was a classic drunken purchase.

Yes, I could have sent it back with some lame excuse about you not letting me buy it, but once I got it, I sorta  liked it. It was almost like a PHM cover on steroids-so many colors and actions compared to the fairly minimalist art of the PHM era.

No, you’re not fat…

I hid it in the back of the short box for a while hoping you wouldn’t see it. When you went out, I would glance at the Timely auctions on Clink or CC. Then erase my browser history…

Every now and then, when there was no PHM book I wanted in the auction, I bought a Timely, Schomburg, Human Torch on the cover book (preferably a pre-WWII book)…

You didn’t see them ‘cause I shipped them to the office….

No, I didn’t have anything else shipped to the office and you’re sister wasn’t involved….

Well, the affair has been going on for the last 3 years…

Wait, don’t throw that either….

Anyway, in the last big Clink auction I picked up the Human Torch Comics #2/#1 to complete my mini-run :

Wait , what?? You want a divorce????? Think about little Googam and Titano….

Yes, I sought help in the GA forums and they enrolled me in their 12 step program. With some further counseling, I think I can control this…

No, your sister isn’t on the GA forums either….

I’m sorry, I know you deserve better – just can’t go on like this anymore.

I know, it’s the couch for me tonight….

-bc

hahah great post, wonderful books, and you're welcome! :)  

Picked this TOS #11 up in Dallas, and finally have a run copy I am happy with  (though the raw I sold bc is probably about this nice).

I think it says something about the wasteland these new boards have become that this thread has gone so long without any action. I know I am here a whole lot less now.

TOS11CGC.jpg