• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

There used to be this great website dedicated to pre-hero marvels.  Great images of all the covers.  It's probably been no less than eight years since I last accessed it...

Anyone remember the name of the website/domain?

It was "monster" something.  Can't remember if it was a blog, but it had images of all the Journey into Mystery and Atlas comics plus plenty more. Plenty of stuff on Kirby too.  Just an awesome website.  One of the problems is that Google Images is now flooded with pictures from Pinterest, etc. so much so that when I type in keywords, there are thousands upon thousands of results.  Maybe someone has posted a link to it in this thread...

1 hour ago, bc said:

Great pick up man! You are on a roll this year!

-bc

Thanks! It has been a good year for tough books on my want list, and a bad year for money in my wallet. Luckily it is easier to make more of the latter than find the former, so I am really happy with 2018 thus far!

30 minutes ago, Mr. Big and Green said:

Nice! I picked up a raw one off of eBay the other day, expecting it on wendsday stated 4.0 condition in the description, I hope it looks as good as yours.

Congrats! Definitely post a scan of the raw here once it arrives!

11 hours ago, bc said:

Got this well-loved copy about 20 years ago for 50 bucks:

tta_1_cropped.jpg

That’s a good looking copy, nicer than my first copy (my latest upgrade is the third I’ve owned). I’ve only owned a single TOS #1, which has always seemed slightly more difficult to me. It came back a 2.5 LT-OW from CGC. 

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

It’s nice to run across a couple of books you weren’t expecting to find in a shop. It’s been at least ten years since I found nice pre-hero at an LCS, but I’ll have to reset that clock now. 

B2A395E6-D162-422E-B1DF-ECC722AEA83A.jpeg

They look like they are in pretty nice shape at that! Congrats!

-bc