• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,006 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Very pretty, bc! 

I may have kept a thrashed copy of that book. The coaster story is quite vivid in my memory for whatever reason.

Thanks! I also have a thrashed copy :) 

Got smoked on the JIM 57&58 and the uber graded Strange Tales 58. Was worried that this one would blast past my bid.

Had a dream/nightmare that I accidentally added an extra number to my bid (so $1,000 would be $10,000) and someone ran up the price. Dreamed the final hammer was like $7K and I was on the hook.....was relieved to see that wasn't the case this morning. Gonna blame the pepperoni pizza, but not the beer....

-bc

I have a similar story.

In my early years of collecting, pre-computers, I would sign up for anybody’s mailing list. So along came my first Comic Heaven catalogue. Those were mail-in auctions, and I had no experience at all with them. Lots of cool lots, so I bid on several different comics, minimum bids, and hoped I would win one or two.

I won everything, to nobody’s surprise but my own.

So I was on that hook for over 7 hundred dollars, almost 5 hundo more than I had ever spent on comics before. I had to really scramble to get it all together, but it certainly became a bargain after a couple years. Still have quite a bit of it!

3 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:

That’s a nice set of JIMs. I recently found this thread and have enjoyed looking at all the neat books posted. I have been collecting PHM for some time, and it’s cool to see other collectors loving these books as much as (and probably more) than myself.

Well welcome aboard and lets see some of the goodies!

-bc

5 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Where do I start ... I have more than a few. I will have to take photos, since I don’t have a scanner.

Just pick one you like and let it flow from there!

all-are-welcome-all-are-welcome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Here is another goodie ...

DC6FC3DE-6489-4223-9786-39063A0576DA.jpeg

That may qualify as a "greatie" not a "goodie". Another issue that is elusive in higher grades, yours has really good cover wrap and the corners look like they could cut you.

:headbang: Rock on man!

12 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Thanks. I’ll post some more pics later. Wish I had a better device to get better pictures, but I’ll do my best ... 9_9

Maybe its just my eyes, but the pics you posted look just fine to me.