• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

@bc

10+ years ago I bought a WoF 16 from Ted @ Superworld. I looked high and low the following years for the rest of the run, never seeing any issue other than 17. The 18 & 19 are two VERY hard to find issues, and your copies are spectacular (worship)

Edited by TheWatcher
Add the @ thingy

3 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

@bc

10+ years ago I bought a WoF 16 from Ted @ Superworld. I looked high and low the following years for the rest of the run, never seeing any issue other than 17. The 18 & 19 are two VERY hard to find issues, and your copies are spectacular (worship)

Thanks sir!

I put together a complete run a few years ago - slowly doing upgrades. This is how it looked three years ago:

wof_1_19_set.jpg

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I’m wouldn’t be able to keep that slabbed. I would need to know.

I know, right? That would be a treasured book in my collection if legit :luhv:

Edited by TheWatcher
Autocorrect didn't autocorrect

2 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:

Here are the other 2 WOF in my collection (I posted the WOF 16 a few weeks ago).

WOF18.jpg

I know this is the first of the PHM covers with the giant, nearly monosyllabic named monsters (crushing something with fleeing humans), but does anyone else think that they could have drawn Xom a little better? Or was this just to prepare us for the change-over to the Oog's, Zog's, Goom's & Bombu's?

14 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Journey Into Mystery 20 (Dec 54) comes  close to meeting your criteria. Less so Strange Tales 34 (Feb 55), but it has that feel.

Neither qualify as true PHM, of course. 

No Ditko or Kirby.

Lee/Ditko/Kirby is sorta implied as a criteria :)

To really meet the specs - the creature needs a sweet pair of Kirby monster-pants:

st_83_cropped.jpg