Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
15 15

8,727 posts in this topic

2,416 posts

:applause:

Great books sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
913 posts
9 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:

Freshly scanned for your enjoyment.

 

ST85.jpg

What cracks me up on a lot of these PHM covers is how the dialogue demonstrates people's awareness that the creature of the month exists and could be nearby.

If I lived in a world like that, I'm not sure I would leave the house, much less check out the bottom of the ocean!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200 posts

Rampaging Kirby Robot.

 

ST86.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,416 posts
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Is this the only 20 cent pre-hero? 

Took me a second to understand the question....but yes, this is the only 20 cents PHM book.

Thanks for the excuse to rummage thru my cover gallery on a Friday morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,599 posts
15 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

What cracks me up on a lot of these PHM covers is how the dialogue demonstrates people's awareness that the creature of the month exists and could be nearby.

There was a section in the newspaper that covered the area monsters and tracked their movements. That’s also how everyone knew all the names, even of the monsters that didn’t talk. 

I think it was by the obits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,152 posts
2 hours ago, bc said:

Took me a second to understand the question....but yes, this is the only 20 cents PHM book.

Thanks for the excuse to rummage thru my cover gallery on a Friday morning!

It looks like a situation where there was a design change in the prices, and someone screwed up and rolled with both of them. It’s one of those things that always catches my eye when I see this cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,416 posts
46 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It looks like a situation where there was a design change in the prices, and someone screwed up and rolled with both of them. It’s one of those things that always catches my eye when I see this cover. 

I have the same problem with this book:

mystery_tales_38.jpg.2ded67158461089241017b459ca5930d.jpg

Spoiler

If you need a life preserver for that, you're probably doing it wrong.

My inner child giggles every time I see this book.

-bc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200 posts
38 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I am completely missing this.

+1.  (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,152 posts
4 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:
5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I am completely missing this.

+1.  (shrug)

Me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,152 posts
21 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

 Look at the lifesaver.

Above the collar only.

(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,416 posts

Killer colors on the ST 87 sir :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200 posts
1 hour ago, bc said:

Killer colors on the ST 87 sir :headbang:

Thanks. I can't remember where or when I got that book (probably decades ago), but I was also surprised at how nice it looks (as well the ST85 and 86 I posted earlier). I guess I lucked out on that particular day, as I have many ST that don't look so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
15 15