Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
15 15

8,651 posts in this topic

10,596 posts

2069492748_2019-04-3019_11_19.jpg.0b15d31e69d2acc4a5de705126e97d0a.jpg

 

564428788_2019-04-3019_11_37.jpg.bfdf222e28ccfa1588e75e70d9b7e1d0.jpg

"Yeah, right. You'd have thought that you might have worked that one out after the King bloody Kong fiasco, genius."

 

682978815_2019-04-3019_12_02.jpg.5ae932ea5a4a0e60d28e620e31117fcc.jpg

"Never mind all that, look at the size of it's c:censored:"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192 posts
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

2069492748_2019-04-3019_11_19.jpg.0b15d31e69d2acc4a5de705126e97d0a.jpg

 

564428788_2019-04-3019_11_37.jpg.bfdf222e28ccfa1588e75e70d9b7e1d0.jpg

"Yeah, right. You'd have thought that you might have worked that one out after the King bloody Kong fiasco, genius."

 

682978815_2019-04-3019_12_02.jpg.5ae932ea5a4a0e60d28e620e31117fcc.jpg

"Never mind all that, look at the size of it's c:censored:"

I don’t think the word codpiece needs to be censored(: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,098 posts
11 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Just picked this up from Ciorac. One down, one to go to finish my TOS run.

TOS11.jpg

Nice looking copy of a tough book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,176 posts

Thanks! Yeah, a lot of other copies I came across were either buttrags or too nice for my budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,280 posts
22 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Just picked this up from Ciorac. One down, one to go to finish my TOS run.

TOS11.jpg

Great copy !

This one has eluded me in any grade above Fine. In fact, I think the best copy I have came from KirbyJack's liquidation sale.

What's the last one you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,176 posts

#14. Not so tough to find, I just haven’t been looking very actively. I didn’t do much buying last year, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,596 posts

19.thumb.jpg.cecafd3a2c8e8ce49d0b40d1c6e742c7.jpg

"Good Lord, he's priced at 9d! Shoot!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,280 posts
10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Well, one of the books I was excited to receive (and the rarer one by far) has been lost in the mail. :cry:  I've got both the seller and PO looking into it, so :wishluck: it turns up.

In the meantime, I'll start the parade of recent pickups. This one hasn't arrived yet either, but I like its chances. I'm very glad to upgrade to this beauty from my CGC 6.0.

TOS25CGC85.jpg

Great book mysterio !

Very sorry to hear about the lost item, hoping everything turns out fine for you :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106 posts
Posted (edited)

Just curious what are the hardest Tales To Astonish issues to find, or the ones that come up for sale the least often?

Edited by Getoutandstayout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,098 posts
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Just curious what are the hardest Tales To Astonish issues to find, or the ones that come up for sale the least often?

#4 and 22 for sure, 24 is not easy either. #2-3 are certainly less common. 

Edited by mysterio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,850 posts
40 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Here is another of my recent pickups, though I made the deal about six months ago. Finally got it paid off and feel like I can show it off. :cloud9:

TTA01CGC70.jpg

Now that's a crown jewel there...………….. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,280 posts
42 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Here is another of my recent pickups, though I made the deal about six months ago. Finally got it paid off and feel like I can show it off. :cloud9:

TTA01CGC70.jpg

:headbang: ^^ :headbang:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!! Simply gorgeous copy M !

Feel free to show that off anytime :cloud9:

-bc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,504 posts

I imagine you had to really shell out for that one!

 

 

 

...'cause it's a turtle monster...ok, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
15 15