• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

Just now, DR.X said:

and white pages. I want to go and burn my 8.0 now.

Nah, I’ve got a better plan; if you see a rag when you look at your 8.0, you should replace it with an actual rag. It will serve as a reminder of what you’ve done. 

As a service to a fellow boardie, I will selflessly trade you straight up.

5 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Nah, I’ve got a better plan; if you see a rag when you look at your 8.0, you should replace it with an actual rag. It will serve as a reminder of what you’ve done. 

As a service to a fellow boardie, I will selflessly trade you straight up.

I know I can always count on fellow boardies to talk me off the ledge. lol

32 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Thanks bc!   You had to know I’d be back... one does not simply quite pre heroes!   

So how is your collection coming?   I remember it was already spectacular years ago

Indeed!

I completed the entire Atlas Implosion to PHM period early last year after almost a decade of hunting. Here's a gratuitous Gallery plug:

Out of the 178 total issues, I have 100 slabbed copies with an average grade of 8.0. Need to sell the under copies some day; have multiple sets of AA, AAF, Strange Worlds, World of Fantasy and many extra raw copies of the Big Four titles.

Weird how you can wind up with 300+ books when the complete set is only 178.

Great to see some of the "Founding Fathers" of this thread resurfacing :)

-bc

Awesome!   Hey maybe hit me up when you sell the undercopies :) 

it is funny to think of this entire great  little niche being under 200 books.   That’s like two weeks of current releases! 

4 minutes ago, bc said:

Indeed!

I completed the entire Atlas Implosion to PHM period early last year after almost a decade of hunting. Here's a gratuitous Gallery plug:

Out of the 178 total issues, I have 100 slabbed copies with an average grade of 8.0. Need to sell the under copies some day; have multiple sets of AA, AAF, Strange Worlds, World of Fantasy and many extra raw copies of the Big Four titles.

Weird how you can wind up with 300+ books when the complete set is only 178.

Great to see some of the "Founding Fathers" of this thread resurfacing :)

-bc

Would you happen to have a World Of Fantasy #16 4.0 or higher? Hard to find.

2 minutes ago, bc said:

:headbang:

Now that's some sweet eye candy !

How's the organizing going ?

-bc

Went good bro. Did all the older stuff. But I have newer comics (like 1985 to maybe 2015 when I stopped collecting new books) in different boxes. I have to funnel like 5 long boxes of new books into 18 long boxes. But then I am done. Haha Then I can do fun stuff, like changing out some bags and boards. :sick: Never ends. Haha 

3 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Plus I need to get some bags and boards to sort this pile. 

3F1EF267-E4E1-44A6-BB42-F1AC0F2C4E76.jpeg

Think that's the first time I've seen a Muppet Babies in the same pic as a World of Fantasy xD

Your collection is unbelievable man!