• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,010 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Lot's of examples out there Frisco - not pre-hero, but here's a good example from my Marvel pence thread:

Especially on that ASM #96 cover, I don't think it's necessarily true that more art was "discovered" or "revealed."  At least in some cases, it looks like more art was added.

Just take a look at the space between that cop's legs, and the position of the woman's leg within that space.  It's different, a clear sign (I think) that the art was reworked.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Especially on that ASM #96 cover, I don't think it's necessarily true that more art was "discovered" or "revealed."  At least in some cases, it looks like more art was added.

Just take a look at the space between that cop's legs, and the position of the woman's leg within that space.  It's different, a clear sign (I think) that the art was reworked.

Yes, probably. If you follow the link to the pence thread we talk about it a little more. The woman's leg is in the original US cover art.  

On 10/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I dug thru quick but only found one pre-hero British copy. I can't get to my American Edition at the moment,  so I'll have to rely on someone else posting a copy for comparison. This is Creepy Worlds #127 for those keeping score at home.

Creepy worlds 66 f.jpg 35.thumb.jpg.b9f04db8051f155ceba88be084076d6b.jpg

Not my copy, but I added a pence version above - a bit more building again at the sides, and something on top of the telly. Some detail missing under the telly too. A bit less people at the bottom though.

49 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Looks like only Karl Malden can save humanity!

Maybe. Not sure how a fish shadow puppet is going to help though. 

On 5/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

35.thumb.jpg.bf3b673cdbe78e8989b6a893f1313a06.jpg

"Bring me one Earthling who dares to accept my challenge....or else face the wrath of Zarkorr!"

"Heaven help me!! No other man can accept his challenge... except me!"

"OK, are you ready Earthling?"

"Yes Zarkorr. I am"

"OK, then I shall begin. My first is in fire, but not in grate..... "

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Not my copy, but I added a pence version above - a bit more building again at the sides, and something on top of the telly. Some detail missing under the telly too. A bit less people at the bottom though.

An odd mix of differences for sure! I find these revelations fun and interesting! A collector can have a variety of fun sub-sets if they don't mind expanding their horizons a little bit. 

Just now, Frisco Larson said:

An odd mix of differences for sure! I find these revelations fun and interesting! A collector can have a variety of fun sub-sets if they don't mind expanding their horizons a little bit. 

Yup. Nice to find new ways to enjoy old comics :)

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Indeed! I sprinkled a few other British copies in their respective threads, not sure if you saw them or not.

I'll go looky

2 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Also, I don't know if I posted anything that you were previously unaware of. 

Me? Previously unaware? Never! :grin:

On 10/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I dug thru quick but only found one pre-hero British copy. I can't get to my American Edition at the moment,  so I'll have to rely on someone else posting a copy for comparison. This is Creepy Worlds #127 for those keeping score at home.

Creepy worlds 66 f.jpg

wp.thumb.jpg.a9ee8831bf999c86b6908c3f3496b098.jpg