• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks! They're still out there in mid grade or below, but finding them in high grade will likely be a challenge ... and expensive. 

Couldn't agree more. Finding some of these PHM issues in higher grades is like hunting unicorns...and costs a pot o'gold (as recently shown by the that TOS2 in 8.0).

I've only been able to snag 1 or 2 upgrades a year without breaking the bank...but I ain't giving up the hunt :)

-bc

5 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

And because it's ME and some expect it of me .... :whistle:

JIM 61 Spanish.png

"ha vuelto a la vida" = "has come back to life" (a little different than the English versions "walks again")

Thanks for the daily Spanish lesson!

-bc

7 minutes ago, bc said:

I've only been able to snag 1 or 2 upgrades a year without breaking the bank...but I ain't giving up the hunt :)

-bc

That’s what makes you my (pre) hero. I’ve been re-enjoying PHMs through your efforts. Along with those of the rest of the thread stalwarts here, of course!

1 hour ago, bc said:

Couldn't agree more. Finding some of these PHM issues in higher grades is like hunting unicorns...and costs a pot o'gold (as recently shown by the that TOS2 in 8.0).

-bc

I'm glad for you that you were able to assemble SO much of a nice collection before prices escalated!!!  

1 hour ago, bc said:

"ha vuelto a la vida" = "has come back to life" (a little different than the English versions "walks again")

Thanks for the daily Spanish lesson!

-bc

If only I had ENOUGH copies to make it a daily thing!  :bigsmile:

On 1/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, bc said:

Although it can be argued that those TGK issues were "technically" Atlas.

So are you implying that the Atlas pre-pre-hero Marvel titles (such as Two-Gun Kid, Lorna, the Jungle Girl and Battle) aren't welcome in this thread?

???

Edited by Hepcat

1 minute ago, Hepcat said:

So are you implying that the Atlas pre-pre-hero Marvel titles (such as Two-Gun Kid, Lorna, the Jungle Girl and Battle) aren't welcome in this thread?

???

Never meant to imply that all - sorry if it was.

The thread has sort of carved out/evolved into an area for the sci-fi/fantasy genre of PHM since there are several popular SA threads related to the other genres. If you check the earliest posts in this thread, it was all about the goofy monsters.

I'm all for more inclusiveness in this thread (as @KirbyJack regularly reiterates) !

-bc

On 1/5/2021 at 6:17 PM, AJLewandoski said:
On 1/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

It's the only Jack Davis Marvel comic that I know of.

Apparently he also did 3 issues of Two Gun Kid and the cover to issue #3 of the Howard the Duck magazine, who knew 

He drew a number Western covers and stories in the '50s; Gunsmoke Western, Two-Gun Kid, Wyatt Earp, Kid Colt Outlaw. Might be a few of the lesser-known titles I'm forgetting.

Edited by Dick Pontoon