• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

Just now, bc said:

Superworld Comics just posted a pretty complete collection that includes the PHM titles.

If you are looking for a hard to find issue, you may want to check it out:

https://www.superworldcomics.com/lyczak/?page=&display=listing&sort_by=NUM&sort_order=ASC&pg=-1

-bc

Please don't kill me any harder! lol 

I'm not even looking

7 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

I have a silver age DC book that was a library book at one point. :whatthe:

It appears that no one ever checked it out, or took it out and never returned it having spilled a beverage on the book. lol

MIS_39_Libcard.jpeg

SO.COOL.I have a stack of Classics from a small town library.

A few of my old comics picked up at a yard sale have a home made library pocket/system thingy on the back I guess some kid made for the neighbourhood readers.I left them in there,I found it really sweet and added to the value in my heart.Late bronze ,copper stuff.If I ever find them in the hoard I'll post pics.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I bet I could go around my neighborhood and knock on over 100 doors before I found three people with pitchforks.

I know I don’t have one.

We did try to make torches when we were kids. We had very little success.

I bet I could go around my neighborhood and knock on over 100 doors before I found three people with pitchforks.

You city folk...out here you'd be asked if you want a 2 tine or 3 tine pitchfork.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Just for kids?  Not true.  A colleague of mine wrote his PhD dissertation on Strange Tales #73.  I can't remember if Grottu represented original sin or man's inhumanity towards man though.

Strange Tales #073.jpg

Here's what they didn't tell you ... all three of those monsters fled Planet X because there was some other creature even more terrifying than any of them.

Howard the Duck': The film Marvel is too embarrassed to talk about | Movie  News | SBS Movies

Dude, don’t even joke about that. I’m going to have nightmares.