• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book Error

20 posts in this topic

If a CGC Slabbed book states a certain book inside on the label but the book inside is the same but a different number then is listed on the slab does that make it more valuable as the mistake like in coins and stamps?

• Administrator

No, it is just a clerical error. If your book is not labeled correctly,we just ask that you send in for the label to be corrected. We ask that you list the book on a Reholder submission form for tracking purposes but there will be no charge for the correction. If you have any questions please call customer service at 877-662-6642.

Do we list the wrong label/book info in the relabel submission form or the correct information?

Please put the correct information of the book to be sure it gets corrected.

Edited by eerb0803

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-Barbera-Spotlight-1-CGC-9-6-white-pages-/121877776790?hash=item1c607b4996:g:aPoAAOSwXshWqaYr

Here's a Laff-A-Lympics #1 CGC 9.6 I found on Ebay today incorrectly labeled as Hanna Barbera Spotlight 1 CGC 9.6. I personally have 4 slabbed comics I need to resubmit one day for corrections, I know its free to fix but I pay to ship and insure all over again. A bit frustrating.

I would agree when my Green Arrow Little Black Book says the cover was done by Time Sale (instead of Tim Sale). But when my Retailer variant didn't list as such, and wouldn't go into the Registry as one either, then it gets annoying.

The Time Sale variant I left as is. The Retailer variant got a re-casing.

what if the mislabeling issue is due to a missed forth signature that is listed on the receipt but is clearly not on the label. how do i fix this seeing as how i paid for it and you can tell its there?

@Bree..... Is there a reason that Amazing Spider-man #299 DOESN'T say 1st appearance of Venom in cameo on last page on the CGC label?

I mean he does appear on the last page of #299, #300 says the 1st Full Appearance.... so it stands to reason that there was an "earlier appearance of venom than #300", which I would assume would be #299...... ??? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Bree..... Is there a reason that Amazing Spider-man #299 DOESN'T say 1st appearance of Venom in cameo on last page on the CGC label?

I mean he does appear on the last page of #299, #300 says the 1st Full Appearance.... so it stands to reason that there was an "earlier appearance of venom than #300", which I would assume would be #299...... ??? 

Hi, I've asked the graders and Eddie Brock/Venom is one of several characters whose first/earliest appearance are debated about among fandom as how to classify.  We feel the way we currently have the Key Comments for those books is adequate.

2 minutes ago, Bree said:

Hi, I've asked the graders and Eddie Brock/Venom is one of several characters whose first/earliest appearance are debated about among fandom as how to classify.  We feel the way we currently have the Key Comments for those books is adequate.

Ok thanks :)

Does the process include books missing information? For instance I have a teen titans 12 that doesn’t list the Batman Who Laughs?

additionally, if it does, do you have to be the original submitter? (I traded for it)

sorry if answered elsewhere, but terms are generic enough that it brings up waaaay too many posts

18 hours ago, Lifesuggs said:

Does the process include books missing information? For instance I have a teen titans 12 that doesn’t list the Batman Who Laughs?

additionally, if it does, do you have to be the original submitter? (I traded for it)

sorry if answered elsewhere, but terms are generic enough that it brings up waaaay too many posts

Just curious, why did you trade or purchase for this book if you thought the label was wrong ? I'll let CGC officially answer you but it doesn't seem fair to now ask CGC to fix it on their dime. 

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Just curious, why did you trade or purchase for this book if you thought the label was wrong ? I'll let CGC officially answer you but it doesn't seem fair to now ask CGC to fix it on their dime. 

Traded on a FB group didn’t know the label was not so much wrong as it is missing information. Saw the book and the grade and got it. I’m not overly concerned with it as I know what it is and I’m not selling it or anything, but being relatively new to the grading process it would be in my best interest to know all the procedures.

the likelyhood of me mailing it off is minimal either way, but regardless of provenance if you had a wrong label wouldn’t you want to know what your options are?

On 12/6/2018 at 3:07 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Traded on a FB group didn’t know the label was not so much wrong as it is missing information. Saw the book and the grade and got it. I’m not overly concerned with it as I know what it is and I’m not selling it or anything, but being relatively new to the grading process it would be in my best interest to know all the procedures.

the likelyhood of me mailing it off is minimal either way, but regardless of provenance if you had a wrong label wouldn’t you want to know what your options are?

If the label is actually wrong, you should be able to ship it back to CGC for correction and from I understand, there is no charge to correct the label. I'm sure that you would have to provide evidence as to what's wrong with the label. Getting it corrected, through CGC, will maintain it's current grade (as long as the case has not been compromised).

On 12/14/2018 at 8:04 AM, Tony Squawk said:

Doesn't sound like the label is wrong so much as it doesn't have the extra info the person wants. Big difference. If I was CGC I would NOT reslab it for free. Can you imagine if they did that for every fanboy who wanted their favorite D List character listed on the label? Uff da!

Yeah I would imagine for "missing info" there would be a reholder charge, especially not knowing what kind of time frame they have in updating their labels. And I think your assessment of "fanboy who wants their D list character listed" is slightly myopic considering in this instance it is information they routinely put on the books and there is entire threads located on this board for amending labels to include information.

Again though, always good to know your options.