Book Error
2 2

15 posts in this topic

1,138 posts

If a CGC Slabbed book states a certain book inside on the label but the book inside is the same but a different number then is listed on the slab does that make it more valuable as the mistake like in coins and stamps?

2,761 posts

No, it is just a clerical error. If your book is not labeled correctly,we just ask that you send in for the label to be corrected. We ask that you list the book on a Reholder submission form for tracking purposes but there will be no charge for the correction. If you have any questions please call customer service at 877-662-6642.

1,029 posts

Do we list the wrong label/book info in the relabel submission form or the correct information?

67 posts
Do we list the wrong label/book info in the relabel submission form or the correct information?

Please put the correct information of the book to be sure it gets corrected.

Edited by eerb0803

441 posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-Barbera-Spotlight-1-CGC-9-6-white-pages-/121877776790?hash=item1c607b4996:g:aPoAAOSwXshWqaYr

Here's a Laff-A-Lympics #1 CGC 9.6 I found on Ebay today incorrectly labeled as Hanna Barbera Spotlight 1 CGC 9.6. I personally have 4 slabbed comics I need to resubmit one day for corrections, I know its free to fix but I pay to ship and insure all over again. A bit frustrating.

67 posts

No, that shouldn't be. If CGC has made a mistake we will always fix it free of charge including getting you reimbursed for the shipping cost it took to get back to us.

257 posts
That's good, I didn't realize that :)

Same here, so I just sent in a Harley #4 Retailer variant to get corrected! I was very happy about the CGC service taking care of this!!

Thanks!

435 posts

Weird as it may sound I actually like the mis-labeled issues. Gives the comic an interesting story, something unique about it.

257 posts

I would agree when my Green Arrow Little Black Book says the cover was done by Time Sale (instead of Tim Sale). But when my Retailer variant didn't list as such, and wouldn't go into the Registry as one either, then it gets annoying.

The Time Sale variant I left as is. The Retailer variant got a re-casing.

117 posts

what if the mislabeling issue is due to a missed forth signature that is listed on the receipt but is clearly not on the label. how do i fix this seeing as how i paid for it and you can tell its there?

1 post
  • I have a spawn #23 Aug 1994 first printing comic.. with "AUG" missing...with only # "23" printed and the 23 is slanted. Is it a misprint?

5,558 posts

@Bree..... Is there a reason that Amazing Spider-man #299 DOESN'T say 1st appearance of Venom in cameo on last page on the CGC label?

I mean he does appear on the last page of #299, #300 says the 1st Full Appearance.... so it stands to reason that there was an "earlier appearance of venom than #300", which I would assume would be #299...... ??? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

67 posts
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Bree..... Is there a reason that Amazing Spider-man #299 DOESN'T say 1st appearance of Venom in cameo on last page on the CGC label?

I mean he does appear on the last page of #299, #300 says the 1st Full Appearance.... so it stands to reason that there was an "earlier appearance of venom than #300", which I would assume would be #299...... ??? 

Hi, I've asked the graders and Eddie Brock/Venom is one of several characters whose first/earliest appearance are debated about among fandom as how to classify.  We feel the way we currently have the Key Comments for those books is adequate.

5,558 posts
2 minutes ago, Bree said:

Hi, I've asked the graders and Eddie Brock/Venom is one of several characters whose first/earliest appearance are debated about among fandom as how to classify.  We feel the way we currently have the Key Comments for those books is adequate.

Ok thanks :)