• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I just found out about this book yesterday in the back of Five Ghosts.

I'm liking all the upcoming covers. I came across an old article, and being an EC fan I just have to check it out now..

Q: Are you having them face familiar monsters or inventing some for the series?

We're inventing some. Some of them tap into familiar themes, and fans of old EC horror comics could recognize some stuff in there. I looked at American mythological creatures and we put our own spin on it and combined them with other mythological creatures. It's really a mish-mash.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/20/manifest-destiny-comic-book-series-comic-con/2570831/

I was initially interested in this book but I forgot to preorder. I'm glad I did because I love the Ottley variant and I would have been bummed to be stuck with the regular cover. I really like bison and horror comics; put them together and they make a great pair. A comic with a hot chick fighting a bison Minotaur/centaur- that's heaven baby! :cloud9: Now I just need a chance to read it :sorry:

Didn't see this directly addressed in the article, but what I like about my historical fiction is making the new/crazy/fiction have immediacy to actual events.

Meaning, instead of just having L & C fighting a bunch of monsters in the Americas, for instance, you find out the Grand Canyon is not naturally formed, but actually a hole dug out by minotaurs to divert a river to their homeland.

(Or something much more interesting. Couldn't think of anything good this early in the AM.)