• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

At least it's still called "The Avengers".

I like Whedons approach by using characters from the comics, but not storylines. I would be intently happy if they didn't bastardize my favorite storylines - and just do superhero movies.

That’s what ultimately does not annoy me so much about the movies. I don’t like them at all, and at the same time I see the majority of the viewers aren’t interested in the comics and the characters – they just want to see an action movie. That’s why I am still puzzled by the price fluctuations on comics, which should be largely unrelated to the movies per se.

If you tell me they are going to launch toy lines of the Guardians of the Galaxy and push the characters for cartoons aimed at the children audience, that’s another matter, and this could eventually increase the interest – even in the original Guardians. But not for the Avengers, unless they are doing merchandise or TV productions side-by-side with the Hollywood movies. hm

Who is Wedons?

Where the hell do you all shop that you have comic book stores that even HAVE silver age books let alone Avengers 55?

I got nothing but the internet, here in NY.

I was wondering that, too. There isn't much to find at my LCS either. Of course, I live in Montana, and the closest competition for my LCS is 400+ miles away.

Look on the bright side... you have Harrison Ford and his helicopters.

Where the hell do you all shop that you have comic book stores that even HAVE silver age books let alone Avengers 55?

I got nothing but the internet, here in NY.

Not tellin! :)

Seriously, this place usually has a lot of good books that have been picked through. I swear they pick what they think are key issues out and store them for shows and hope that the rest of the stuff sells. I think I got really lucky on this one because there were these two books a 50 and maybe one or two more below number 100. It is my honest opinion that I simply beat them to them and that as soon as they hear about Avengers 55 taking off they will be combing the store for them. I've gotten some really nice stuff from them but nothing "key" that I can remember.

Good timing with my Avengers #57 ending on CLINK auction soon. It'd be par for my luck if the announcement came the day after the auction ended.

Anywho, forget Avengers #55 hoarding. It's all about #57's.

Some very good info:

Joss Whedon confirms Hank Pym will NOT appear in Avengers 2.

"A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron and there was a book called Age of Ultron recently, assumed that was the storyline we were doing which is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron. The other thing is in the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the way side."

hm

What! They're not following the comics books exactly???

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!!!!

How about even a little bit?

I like Whedons approach by using characters from the comics, but not storylines. I would be intently happy if they didn't bastardize my favorite storylines - and just do superhero movies.

I would like it if he used the characters from the comics as well. Did I turn my head and miss that part?

Some very good info:

"A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron and there was a book called Age of Ultron recently, assumed that was the storyline we were doing which is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron. The other thing is in the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the way side."

hm

I would like it if he used the characters from the comics as well. Did I turn my head and miss that part?

Curiously, there were very few hero names used in The Avengers.

Some very good info:

hm

You've never heard of The Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Black Widow or Hawkeye? I guess if John Byrne didn't create them, draw them, write them, ink them and plot them - they're not worth acknowledging? :baiting:

Some very good info:

hm

You've never heard of The Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Black Widow or Hawkeye? I guess if John Byrne didn't create them, draw them, write them, ink them and plot them - they're not worth acknowledging? :baiting:

I've heard of those characters, it would've been nice to see them in the movie called The Avengers.

Some very good info:

hm

Curiously, there were very few hero names used in The Avengers.

Of course, that's because the names are silly. I didn't see the latest Batman movie, but I've been told they never referred to Catwoman by name.

I've heard of those characters, it would've been nice to see them in the movie called The Avengers.

I am honestly surprised you collect comics - I would imagine you would be geared towards something a little more consistent and conforming. Like, collecting steel ball bearings might be more to your liking. The variances in their diameters are much more minimal.

I am honestly surprised you collect comics - I would imagine you would be geared towards something a little more consistent and conforming. Like, collecting steel ball bearings might be more to your liking. The variances in their diameters are much more minimal.

lol

I think he’s halfway between trolling and talking of something different (and possibly relevant) here… ;)

I thought the Avengers were these awesome "heroes"… :baiting:

21628.jpg

That is what I refer to as the footless team.

I don't mind being a pariah among my own kind because I'm consistent with my views and I won't sell them out.

I don't mind being a pariah among my own kind because I'm consistent with my views and I won't sell them out.

I like this. It’s very "Warlock" (the New Mutants' Warlock, not Adam). :)

But I'm still a troll...right? :baiting: