• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

But I'm still a troll...right? :baiting:

If you read carefully you’ll see I meant it in a positive way, as I underlined "halfway".

You can quickly become a troll when everyone tries to silence the voice of reason or are too distracted to hear it… ;)

Quick! Go grab an Avengers #55! :D

Has anyone else called this current era of movie-driven hype and hysteria (or "excitement", for the less cynical among us) the "Movie Age of Comics" yet?

If yes, please ignore; if no, then I claim the coinage...

Has anyone else called this current era of movie-driven hype and hysteria (or "excitement", for the less cynical among us) the "Movie Age of Comics" yet?

Looks like that is all you.

Yep. :golfclap:

I suspect the Avengers movie made more money than the 50 years of publishing the Avengers comic book ever did.

Future pop culture historians may regard Batman, Spider-Man and Iron Man as figures that began as comic book heroes, but found their real success as live action characters.

With the relentless advance of technology, it will be increasingly difficult for the for the relatively static medium of the comic book to compete with movies and games.

I believe we are seeing the successful evolution of these characters from one medium to another, like it or not.

It's actually the movie age of 'elements' as in nearly every movie has to have some kind of element attached... be it a comic book, video game, based on true story, remake... etc...

Black Widow and Hawkeye in The Age Of Ultron, but no Hank Pym? :facepalm:

What's next? The Lizard kills Capt. Steacy instead of Doc Ock?

Nope Capt. Steacy dies of a heart attack and Commissioner Gordon takes over his jurisdiction prepping you for Spider-man/Batman

Black Widow and Hawkeye in The Age Of Ultron, but no Hank Pym? :facepalm:

What's next? The Lizard kills Capt. Steacy instead of Doc Ock?

Nope Capt. Steacy dies of a heart attack and Commissioner Gordon takes over his jurisdiction prepping you for Spider-man/Batman

:wishluck:

Where can I get the best material to read for Ultron? Should I start in AV 54+

Is there a compilation TPB?

I never read it before and would like to check it out

Here's some to check out:

Ultron Unleashed (TPB 1999) #57-58, #170-171

The Greatest Battles of the Avengers (TPB 1993) #54-55, etc

Also Essential Avengers #3 has #47-68 but I believe these are black and white?

Just what we need, yet another movie with Transformer-like robots. When I think of all the classic Avenger villians, Ultron is pretty low on my list of "must see on the big screen", mostly because the robots in recent movies all look the same and I suspect Ultron won't be any different.

Check this out... I was one of 24 people watching this yesterday. Within 24 hours of the auctions' listing it was terminated and relisted a considerably higher price. Speculating abounds like the area around Sutter Mill in 1848.

Who else was watching and missed this boat?

New Listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-54-55-1ST-FULL-APPEARANCE-ULTRON-MARVEL-COMIC-1963-JOHN-BUSCEMA-VF-NM-/261251243703?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cd3c99eb7

24 Hours ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281139687482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Just what we need, yet another movie with Transformer-like robots. When I think of all the classic Avenger villians, Ultron is pretty low on my list of "must see on the big screen", mostly because the robots in recent movies all look the same and I suspect Ultron won't be any different.

As much as I like Ultron as an Avengers villain, I don't feel I'm going to be that impressed by seeing yet another robot killing machine terminating humans on the big screen.

As much as I like Ultron as an Avengers villain, I don't feel I'm going to be that impressed by seeing yet another robot killing machine terminating humans on the big screen.

I agree. I can see why they would do it though since every summer now we have some blockbuster being released with this theme of killer robots. Once Hollywood gets an idea that is successful (Transformers), they need to continue with it until people don't care any more.

I agree. I can see why they would do it though since every summer now we have some blockbuster being released with this theme of killer robots. Once Hollywood gets an idea that is successful (Transformers), they need to continue with it until people don't care any more.

who says there will be a robot killing humans? plus, all the "killer robot" movies are tame on violence anyway. in addition to that, age of ultron means vision should be in the movie. now if they can just get black panther.

who says there will be a robot killing humans? plus, all the "killer robot" movies are tame on violence anyway. in addition to that, age of ultron means vision should be in the movie. now if they can just get black panther.

Hopefully they'll both be in, so that we can see two polar opposite personality types.

VERY shoddy "journalism" there. Whedon specifically said that the name was the only thing borrowed from that comic storyline and that the movie would have nothing in common with it otherwise. It will have Ultron's origin in it, and the major modification will be that Stark creates him and not Hank Pym.

Peace,

Chip

Whatever you do, just don't read "The Age of Ultron" because it is missing something important... Ultron!