• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

That's true, she'd definitely need to put on some muscle...

hm

Okay Balls, you've just talked me out of it. lol

(worship)

Next stop: Marvel producers.

lol We'd definitely shake things up. :sumo:

According to this article, she'll be a villainess.

If it is Mantis, her part might draw from "The Crossing" storyline.

Aside from mentions by Silver Surfer, Mantis did not reappear until 1995's controversial Avengers crossover story "The Crossing". In "The Crossing", Mantis returned as the villainous bride of Kang the Conqueror with the intentions of bringing death to the Avengers, her father Libra (who by now was going by the name "Moonraker" as part of Force Works), and the Cotati alien who had possessed the Swordsman's body and married/impregnated her. Her anger at her father (whom she had vivisected) and the Cotati centered around their "defilement" of her and that she hated the Avengers for believing their manipulative lies.

The storyline was controversial, so much so that Kurt Busiek ultimately retconned the Mantis who appeared in the story as being a Space Phantom brainwashed into thinking he was Mantis.

Marvel Wikia - Mantis

...Other than that, I have no idea.

Enchantress, Madame Masque...? (shrug)

Madame Masque is a good pick. There's a S.H.I.E.L.D. tie in and an IG/Reality Gem tie in as well with her.

That's true, she'd definitely need to put on some muscle...

hm

Okay Balls, you've just talked me out of it. lol

(worship)

Next stop: Marvel producers.

lol We'd definitely shake things up. :sumo:

According to this article, she'll be a villainess.

If it is Mantis, her part might draw from "The Crossing" storyline.

Aside from mentions by Silver Surfer, Mantis did not reappear until 1995's controversial Avengers crossover story "The Crossing". In "The Crossing", Mantis returned as the villainous bride of Kang the Conqueror with the intentions of bringing death to the Avengers, her father Libra (who by now was going by the name "Moonraker" as part of Force Works), and the Cotati alien who had possessed the Swordsman's body and married/impregnated her. Her anger at her father (whom she had vivisected) and the Cotati centered around their "defilement" of her and that she hated the Avengers for believing their manipulative lies.

The storyline was controversial, so much so that Kurt Busiek ultimately retconned the Mantis who appeared in the story as being a Space Phantom brainwashed into thinking he was Mantis.

Marvel Wikia - Mantis

...Other than that, I have no idea.

Enchantress, Madame Masque...? (shrug)

Madame Masque is a good pick. There's a S.H.I.E.L.D. tie in and an IG/Reality Gem tie in as well with her.

Viper aka Madame Hydra?

Viper_madame_hydra_zps7cb7381b.jpg

Yeah - looking forward to seeing him in that role.

I like Paul Bettany's work. Even in 'Master and Commander' he stood out as the ship doctor. He even made 'Legion' worth watching.

Interesting in that he is another actor from 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' that has worked with Robert Downey Jr. before and now ends up in a Marvel movie. Supposedly RDJ highly encouraged the studio to bring on actors he had worked with previously to be part of the Marvel Universe.

- Stellan Skarsgård

- Paul Bettany

He may still be trying to get Mel Gibson in with the band, and Jodie Foster too.

Yeah - looking forward to seeing him in that role.

I like Paul Bettany's work. Even in 'Master and Commander' he stood out as the ship doctor. He even made 'Legion' worth watching.

Interesting in that he is another actor from 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' that has worked with Robert Downey Jr. before and now ends up in a Marvel movie. Supposedly RDJ highly encouraged the studio to bring on actors he had worked with previously to be part of the Marvel Universe.

- Stellan Skarsgård

- Paul Bettany

He may still be trying to get Mel Gibson in with the band, and Jodie Foster too.

You are right - he did make 'Legion' worth watching.

Mark Ruffalo really knows the Hulkworld story details quite clearly.

Mark Ruffalo Dismisses Talk Of A PLANET HULK Movie; "You Need More Banner"

Talking to MTV News, Mark Ruffalo shared his thoughts on the beloved comic book story, before adding, "I don’t think ['Planet Hulk'] is the way to go yet. I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators."

hm

Mark Ruffalo really knows the Hulkworld story details quite clearly.

Mark Ruffalo Dismisses Talk Of A PLANET HULK Movie; "You Need More Banner"

Talking to MTV News, Mark Ruffalo shared his thoughts on the beloved comic book story, before adding, "I don’t think ['Planet Hulk'] is the way to go yet. I think you need more Banner. The whole thing is just him as Hulk, on a planet, fighting other gladiators."

hm

Who wants to see "Puny Banner" ?

Joss Whedon Says There Are "Four Prominent Female Roles" In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104310

Avengers: Age of Ultron director Joss Whedon shares his thoughts on James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, revealing his role in outlining the story and more. He also teases a major female presence in his own sequel, before being quizzed about his thoughts on Captain Marvel..

SDCC '14: Hulkbuster Fist And More AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Props Now On Display

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104514

Marvel have added new props from Avengers: Age of Ultron to their display at Comic-Con, including one of the Hulkbiuster armour's massive fists and what appears to be one of the early versions of the robotic police force created by Iron Man before they're taken over by Ultron...