• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I think my expectations might have been set to high going in to watch it after the last Avengers, Winter Soldier and GoTG. It was by no means a bad movie but left me feeling very "meh" especially the ending (not counting the last line of the movie).

This was already a long movie but it felt like it was heavily edited down and jumped in places. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a ultimate/directors/super edition that added in another 40 min of deleted material.

For those that have seen the movie let me just say that I didn't see that coming.

Just got back from this. I won't go into specifics so it's spoiler free.

So you know where I'm at...

I thought the first Avengers was great, likewise Ironman 1, liked both Thors and thought GoTG was brilliant.

So yea... Age of Ultron.

Erm, yeah....

It's well, well, it's really not very good.

I really wanted it to be to, but it's not.

The good: Vision is awesome, Thor sparkles and has all the funny lines, Ultron is fun.

The bad: Renner as Hawkeye is TOO old like really too old. RDJ also too old but with enough charisma to be just okay. Evans is meh. Hulk CGI is pretty poor. Plot is VERY jumpy. The first scene is extremely confusing for anyone without any prior knowledge of the Avengers or any of the bad guys. Black Widow is embaressing and seems to be there just for cleavage and bum shots.

The best I can say is that its better than Ironman 2, but only just. GoTG this ain't.

The screening I was in was pretty packed but there were a fair few bored kids here and about and no audience wide bigs laughs like in the first one.

I thought the first Avengers was great, likewise Ironman 1, liked both Thors and thought GoTG was brilliant.

So yea... Age of Ultron.

Erm, yeah....

The good: Vision is awesome, Thor sparkles and has all the funny lines, Ultron is fun.

The bad: Renner as Hawkeye is TOO old like really too old. RDJ also too old but with enough charisma to be just okay. Evans is meh. Hulk CGI is pretty poor. Plot is VERY jumpy. The first scene is extremely confusing for anyone without any prior knowledge of the Avengers or any of the bad guys. Black Widow is embaressing and seems to be there just for cleavage and bum shots.

The best I can say is that its better than Ironman 2, but only just. GoTG this ain't.

The screening I was in was pretty packed but there were a fair few bored kids here and about and no audience wide bigs laughs like in the first one.

:o

So yea... Age of Ultron.

Erm, yeah....

:o

:o:o

Oh don't get me wrong, it's watchable and fun in places.

It's not Spider-Man 3 or Ironman 2 or 3!

But if you already have a top five MCU film list in place. It's not changing any.

I think my biggest gripe is that it could easily be called 'Hawkeye and the Last of the Avengers', there's a lot of Renner in this film. Too much in fact.

But hey YMMV.

Fascinating. Sounds like Whedon felt the pressure of making his last Avengers movie and tried to stuff every possible idea/arc into the film, then foolishly cut it way down instead of letting it be 2:40 or some such length to accommodate its many moving parts.

My only issue with Christopher Nolan as a film-maker is his tendency to cram too much stuff into a single film (Dark Knight Returns a prime example). Sounds like Whedon hit the same snags, some of which could have been easily fixed.

That said, if I laugh and get excited and enjoy the characters during the movie, it'll still be fine in my book!

Dan

Oh there is a cam version already out and about on the internets.

If so I am having no luck finding it

Its out there but the quality sucks on a big screen.

Looks okay on a small pc screen

Oh there is a cam version already out and about on the internets.

If so I am having no luck finding it

Cam rip :sick:

Avengers.Age.Of.Ultron.2015.ENG-CAM.RIP-XVID-AC3.2.0-TeamTelly