• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Petrol can't be that scarce in the film if they can afford to waste it by using it to power an electrical generator and run a wall of Marshall amplifiers, so that the guy can pose around in the desert, throwing shapes with his guitar and playing crappy power chords.

Petrol can't be that scarce in the film if they can afford to waste it by using it to power an electrical generator and run a wall of Marshall amplifiers, so that the guy can pose around in the desert, throwing shapes with his guitar and playing crappy power chords.

That sounds like a massive great plot hole.

I thought the guitar guy wasting fuel on his flamethrowing/guitar was just an example of decadence they could afford to waste for the sake of looking like a fierce armada? :shrug:

Don't remember that in AOU. (shrug)

I thought the guitar guy wasting fuel on his flamethrowing/guitar was just an example of decadence they could afford to waste for the sake of looking like a fierce armada? :shrug:

Ok, not allowed in the discussion. Gotcha. ;)

It likely would have helped the movie if it had been....... lol

I'm not sure he was meaning to shut you down - I, too, have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

I'm not sure he was meaning to shut you down - I, too, have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

If you guys aren't watching the super ultra top double secret probation limited edition release, he doesn't have time for your opinions.

I believe they are talking about "Mad Max: Fury Road".

Interesting. I suppose I should watch that eventually. hm

We’ve been discussing the fact that Mad Max : Fury Road is the most metal action film of all time.

Avengers 2, despite featuring Thor, one of the most metal comic book characters ever created, Iron Man, Ultron’s Adamantium, Mjolnir’s Uru, Captain America’s Vibranium shield, and Quicksilver, is decidedly lacklustre in comparison. A lightweight.

Walls were erected. Boundries were drawn. Faces were shaved with large knives.

The humanity. Honest, it's just laying there, a mass of smoking wreckage.

:ohnoez:

Joss Whedon Reflects On AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON's Failings, Clashing With Marvel Studios, And More

Deadline, April 18, 2016

Talking at the SVA Theatre in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood as part of the Tribeca Film Festival’s Talk series, it seems Whedon has some regrets about what he said during the Avengers: Age of Ultron press tour.

"Ultron, I’m very proud of. There were things that did not meet my expectations of myself and then I was so beaten down by the process. Some of that was conflicting with Marvel, which is inevitable and a lot of that was about my own work and I was also exhausted, and we right away went and did publicity. I created the narrative — wherein I’m not quite accomplished at– and people just ran with (about Ultron) ‘Well it’s OK, it could be better, but it’s not Joss’ fault’ and I think that did a disservice to the movie, and to the studio and to myself. Ultimately, it wasn’t the right way to be because I’m very proud about it."

"The things about it that are wrong frustrate me enormously, but I got to make an absurdly personal movie about humanity and what it means in a very esoteric and bizarre ways for hundreds of millions of dollars. The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity twice is so bonkers and beautiful and the fact that I come off as a miserable failure is also bonkers, but not in a cute way."

Whedon's next project remains a mystery, but Deadline caught up with the filmmaker after this Q&A, and he reportedly told them that he remains open to working on another Marvel movie and hopes they feel the same way about him.

I really liked Age of Ultron. Not as well as the first movie, but I thought it was good.

Own it on Blu-ray.

I've liked the majority of the superhero movies I've seen.

Green Lantern was okay. So was Affleck's Daredevil.

Spidey 3 was a let-down but the first two were fantastic.

I liked Man of Steel, but it did seem a bit off, tonally.

Liked all the Dark Knights, although the first one was a little slow for me. Second one was great. Third one was pretty good.

Never saw Elektra, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or either Ghost Rider (might'a caught part of GR 1 in passing). Haven't seen the latest FF.

For the most part the movies seem to be getting better as they go along.

I haven't seen Bats v Supes yet, as I'm having trouble finding someone who wants to go see it with me. That's not usually a problem with superhero flicks.

I will see it, though.

If they released a directors cut of AoU I would revisit the movie for another viewing.

Unfortunately, Joss Whedon had pointed out there wouldn't be a Director's Cut.

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON: Joss Whedon Says No To Director’s Cut

But now with that new interview where he is revisiting his feelings at the time, Whedon could change his mind.

Never saw Elektra, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or either Ghost Rider (might'a caught part of GR 1 in passing). Haven't seen the latest FF.
Watching these only enhances the better movies, so I recommend you catch them someday. (thumbs u

All are painful but Jonah Hex actually made me cry. And not in a good way.